You are here
Herbert S. Waxman Award for Outstanding Medical Student Educator
In honor of the late Dr. Herbert S. Waxman, former ACP Senior Vice President for Medical Knowledge and Education.
The award recognizes an ACP member who is an internal medicine interest group leader, clinical clerkship director, program director, or faculty member (no higher than the level of an associate professor of medicine) who spends a significant amount of time teaching medical students.
The Awards Committee welcomes supporting letters from the nominee’s current and former students.
Nominating and supporting letters should address:
- Whether there are measures/indicators of the level of the nominee's commitment to students and medical education.
- What is unique about the nominee's contributions.
- Whether the nominee’s achievements merit local, state, national, or international recognition.
- Whether and how the nominee's contributions have been sustained over time.
- If applicable, how the nominee’s teaching approach supported cultural competency, recognition of health equity, diversity, and effective social determinants of care.