ACP Internist March 2021
- Detecting unhealthy drug use
The COVID-19 pandemic and its ensuing isolation and stress have been associated with a sharp increase in substance use as a coping mechanism, as well as drug overdose deaths.
- Internal Medicine Meeting 2021 goes virtual
This year's Internal Medicine Meeting includes more than 125 virtual sessions of varying lengths, from bite-sized presentations to one-hour clinical sessions.
ACP Internist February 2021
- Long lifespans emerge in Down syndrome
Transitioning a patient with Down syndrome from a pediatric practice to an adult physician can be challenging due to a lack of willing physicians, who may not feel that they know enough to provide care.
ACP Hospitalist February 2021
- Do you need a checklist?
There's limited evidence but apparent potential for these tools in hospital medicine.
- The impact of deferred hospital care during COVID-19
Experts are looking at where the patients went and what happens next.
- Continuous glucose monitoring gains traction in hospitals
Diabetes tech is moving rapidly from research to practice.