You are here
Highlights from ACP Internist and ACP Hospitalist
ACP Internist March 2019:
- New management for asthma flare-ups
Any patient with asthma may have a flare or asthma exacerbation, so primary care physicians should be aware of risk factors that might alert them to the patients who are particularly at risk.
- Evidence evolving on aspirin as prevention
Practice-changing points may influence how internists prescribe aspirin for the primary prevention of heart disease.
ACP Internist February 2019:
- International colleagues face familiar problems
The conversations taking place at international medical meetings could be taking place at our local chapter meetings.
- Narrative medicine skills bring physicians closer to patients
In an increasingly technological word, narrative medicine allows a physician to understand a patient's unique situation, to hear his or her story, and to imagine the world being described.
ACP Hospitalist March 2019:
- Fighting resistance in the ICU
Ongoing growth in antibiotic resistance has highlighted both the importance and the challenge of frontline stewardship.
- Moving beyond medical needs
Some hospitals are treating patients' food and housing shortages.