You are here
Information Blocking Key Terms and Acronyms
Key terms, definitions, and acronyms associated with the regulations.
- Information Blocking: The body of works that are the information blocking provisions of the 21st Century Cures Act.
- information blocking: The act of intentionally withholding patient information.
- AEU: Access, exchange, or use
- EHI: Electronic health information
- Health IT: Health information technology
- USCDI: United States Core Data for Interoperability standard; particularly, version 1.
- FHIR(R): Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources
- ONC: Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT
- CMS: Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- OIG: Office of Inspector General
- ADT: Admission, discharge, and transfer notifications
- PI Program: Promoting Interoperability program
- APIs: Application programming interfaces
- PHI: Protected health information