You are here
Resources for Hospitalists
ACP offerings devoted to hospitalists and their career path.
Focused Education for Hospitalists
Whether you’re trying to stay current or preparing for the FPHM exam, ACP has a number of educational opportunities focused on hospital medicine.
- MKSAP® 18 for Hospitalists – Hospitalist content is highlighted throughout the Medical Knowledge Self-Assessment Program® (MKSAP) 18. With 300+ questions covering important topics from the FPHM blueprint, MKSAP is your must trusted resource for CME, MOC, and refreshing your knowledge.
- Hospital Medicine Track at ACP’s Internal Medicine Meeting – Each year, ACP’s Internal Medicine Meeting includes a hospital medicine track offering 35+ sessions focused on inpatient care. Created by hospitalists, topics include clinical issues, quality and safety, team-based approaches, transitions of care, and more.
- Hospital Medicine Course Recordings – Access video or audio recordings of the hospital medicine track at ACP’s Internal Medicine Meeting, including 35+ inpatient-focused sessions.
Publications for Hospitalists
Stay on top of the latest news and information in hospital medicine.
- ACP Hospitalist® & ACP Hospitalist Weekly – Free to members, the ACP Hospitalist magazine and companion e-newsletter, ACP Hospitalist Weekly, provide news and research updates in hospital medicine. Topics include health care technology, clinical controversies, staffing issues, patient safety, and more.
- Annals for Hospitalists - Subscribe to receive monthly alerts that summarize hospitalist-focused content from Annals of Internal Medicine along with links to “Inpatient Notes” offering unique perspectives on the discussed topics.
- Principles and Practice of Hospital Medicine, 2nd Edition – This comprehensive textbook covers clinical, organizational, and administrative areas central to the practice of hospital medicine. It has been updated to reflect the evolving practice responsibilities of hospitalists.
Leadership Development for Hospitalists
Freshen up your leadership skills as a clinician, administrator, or educator with resources from ACP.
- ACP Leadership Academy – Earn your Certificate in Physician Leadership in Hospital Medicine through our members-only program in partnership with the American Association of Physician Leadership.
- Teaching in the Hospital – Written by experts in the field, this book explores the unique challenges and goals of inpatient teaching along with practical advice those who teach on the wards.
Networking & Career Development for Hospitalists
Connect with colleagues across the globe on issues related to inpatient care.
- Career Connection – Use ACP’s online marketplace to list open positions at your hospital or to view and apply for jobs nationwide.
- ACP’s Member Forum for Hospitalists – Interact with other ACP member hospitalists on topics specific to your inpatient practice, from clinical questions to administrative issues.