You are here
Resources for Hospitalists
ACP offerings devoted to hospitalists and their career path.
Focused Education for Hospitalists
Whether you’re trying to stay current or preparing for the FPHM exam, ACP has a number of educational opportunities focused on hospital medicine.
- MKSAP® 19 for Hospitalists – Hospitalist content is covered in-depth throughout the Medical Knowledge Self-Assessment Program® (MKSAP) as a way to increase your clinical knowledge and identify any knowledge gaps. With 300+ questions covering important topics from the FPHM blueprint, MKSAP 19 is your must trusted resource for CME, MOC, and achieving your lifelong learning goals.
- Hospital Medicine Recordings from ACP’s Internal Medicine Meeting 2021: Virtual Experience – The ACP CME 100 recordings package includes Hospital Medicine sessions focused on inpatient care. Created by hospitalists, these meeting recordings provide trusted lectures and address topic such as clinical issues, quality and safety, team-based approaches, transitions of care, and more. View list of Hospitalist sessions
Publications for Hospitalists
Stay on top of the latest news and information in hospital medicine.
- ACP Hospitalist® – Included with your membership, this online publication covers all aspects of hospital medicine, including technology, staffing, salary trends, patient safety, and more. Issues will be released in July, September, and November 2021. Beginning in January 2022, it will be integrated into the weekly e-newsletter, ACP Hospitalist Weekly, as one online publication.
- Annals for Hospitalists - Subscribe to receive monthly alerts that summarize hospitalist-focused content from Annals of Internal Medicine along with links to “Inpatient Notes” offering unique perspectives on the discussed topics.
- Principles and Practice of Hospital Medicine, 2nd Edition – This comprehensive textbook covers clinical, organizational, and administrative areas central to the practice of hospital medicine. It has been updated to reflect the evolving practice responsibilities of hospitalists.
Leadership Development for Hospitalists
Freshen up your leadership skills as a clinician, administrator, or educator with resources from ACP.
- ACP Leadership Academy – Earn your Certificate in Physician Leadership in Hospital Medicine through our members-only program in partnership with the American Association of Physician Leadership.
- Teaching in the Hospital – Written by experts in the field, this book explores the unique challenges and goals of inpatient teaching along with practical advice those who teach on the wards.
Networking & Career Development for Hospitalists
Connect with colleagues across the globe on issues related to inpatient care.
- Career Connection – Use ACP’s online marketplace to list open positions at your hospital or to view and apply for jobs nationwide.
- ACP’s Member Forum for Hospitalists – Interact with other ACP member hospitalists on topics specific to your inpatient practice, from clinical questions to administrative issues.
ACP CME 100 - Hospitalist Sessions
- A Sensible Approach to Inpatient Hypertension Management
- Acute Cardiac Disease in Women: Recognizing Our Differences
- Acute Nonstroke Neurologic Emergencies
- Acute Poisonings: If You Don’t Think Tox, You’ll Miss Tox!
- Advances in Inpatient Heart Failure Care
- Allergies in Adult Inpatients: Separating Fact From Fiction
- Antibiotics Made Ridiculously Simple (…or at Least a Heck of a Lot Easier)
- Complex Skin and Soft Tissue Infections in the Hospital
- COPD and Asthma Exacerbations: Best Evidence and Best Practice
- Curbside Consults in Infectious Diseases
- Delirium Prevention, Evaluation, and Management in the Hospital
- Hospital and Critical Care Radiology That You Should Not Miss When the Radiologist Isn’t Available
- Hypo- and Hypernatremia Management: Musings of a Salt Whisperer
- Inpatient Diabetes Management: The Sweetest Patients!
- Inpatient TIA and Stroke Management
- Management of Nondiabetic Endocrine Emergencies: How Do We Save the Patient?
- Managing the Inpatient With Acute Liver Failure
- Managing Threatening Behavior in the Hospitalized Patient
- Manual Prone Positioning 101 for Intubated and Non-intubated Patients
- Mitigating Nausea and Breathlessness in the Hospitalized Inpatient: A Case-Based Approach
- Noninvasive Ventilation and Heated High-Flow O2: Making Sense of What’s Right for Your Inpatient
- Obscure Gastrointestinal Bleeding and Advances in Small Bowel Enteroscopy
- Pancreatitis: Acute Inpatient Management
- Perioperative Controversies and Patient Safety: Avoiding Mishaps, Eliminating Catastrophes, and Collaborative Care
- Pneumonia: Care Second to None
- Sepsis Care: Keeping Your Patient Alive While Making the Grade
- Surviving a Subpoena: Learning to Live in Our Litigious Culture
- SyncopE: Effective, Efficient, Economical, and Evidence-Based Evaluation
- The Semisurgical and Nonsurgical Abdomen: A Guide to Everything the Internist Should Know
- Things We Do for No Reason: High-Value Care in Hospital Medicine
- Ultrasound-Guided Central Venous Line Placement
- Ultrasound-Guided Lumbar Puncture
- Ultrasound-Guided Paracentesis
- Update in Hospital Medicine
- Venous Thromboembolism: New Evidence and Strategies for Prevention and Management
- Ventilator Management and Troubleshooting: It’s Time to Vent