ACP provides internal medicine physicians with a wide variety of resources to support their professional experience. The resources listed below are those exclusively designed for hospitalists or that include curated content related to practicing inpatient medicine.
Not a member? Options available for trainees, physicians, and allied health professionals.
Focused Education for Hospitalists
Whether you’re trying to stay current or preparing for the FPHM exam, ACP has a number of educational opportunities focused on hospital medicine.
- MKSAP® 19 for Hospitalists – Hospitalist content is covered in-depth throughout the Medical Knowledge Self-Assessment Program® (MKSAP) as a way to increase your clinical knowledge and identify any knowledge gaps. With 300+ questions covering important topics from the FPHM blueprint, MKSAP 19 is your must trusted resource for CME, MOC, and achieving your lifelong learning goals.
- Hospital Medicine Recordings from ACP’s Internal Medicine Meeting 2022 – The ACP CME 170 recordings package includes 37 Hospital Medicine sessions focused on inpatient care. Created by hospitalists, for hospitalists, these lectures address a variety of important clinical topics as well as quality and safety issues, team-based approaches, transitions of care, and more. View list of Hospitalist sessions
Or, take advantage of “The Works” recordings package – which consists of the ACP CME 170 recordings mentioned above PLUS 7 in-depth courses addressing a variety of clinical topics two of which are the hospital medicine focused courses: Hospital Medicine: Success in a Complex Environment and Critical Care Medicine 2022. Features 230+ hours of high-yield, on-demand educational content in all.
- Hospital Medicine learning modules in the ACP Online Learning Center - Access podcasts, videos, multimedia content, and journal articles covering a wide range of clinical, administrative, and humanities topics relevant to inpatient medicine.
Publications for Hospitalists
Stay on top of the latest news and information in hospital medicine.
- ACP Hospitalist® – Included with your membership, this weekly online magazine covers all aspects of hospital medicine, including clinical care, technology, staffing, salary trends, patient safety, and more.
- Annals for Hospitalists - These curated monthly email alerts include highlights from Annals of Internal Medicine and ACP Journal Club with key information for hospitalists. They also summarize and link to “Inpatient Notes,” which offer unique perspectives on contemporary topics in hospital medicine.
- Principles and Practice of Hospital Medicine, 2nd Edition – This comprehensive textbook covers clinical, organizational, and administrative areas central to the practice of hospital medicine. It has been updated to reflect the evolving practice responsibilities of hospitalists.
- Teaching in the Hospital – Written by experts in the field, this book explores the unique challenges and goals of inpatient teaching along with practical advice those who teach on the wards.
Networking & Career Development for Hospitalists
Connect with colleagues across the globe on issues related to inpatient care.
- Career Connection – Use ACP’s online marketplace to list open positions at your hospital or to view and apply for jobs nationwide.
- ACP’s Member Forum for Hospitalists – Interact with other ACP member hospitalists on topics specific to your inpatient practice, from clinical questions to administrative issues.
ACP CME 170 - Hospitalist Sessions
- Antibiotics and the Inpatient
- Apps on the Wards: Not Just for the Millennials
- Care for the Inpatient GI Bleed
- Caring for the Patient With Limited English Proficiency
- Cellulitis and Look-Alikes
- Clinical Triad: Oxygen Supplementation—Hospital to Home
- Consult Talk
- Debates in Thromboembolism Management
- Diagnostic Reasoning for the Internist
- High Value Approach to Inpatient Imaging
- High-Value Care: Time to Bring Patients Into the Conversation
- High-Value Perioperative Assessment and Management
- Inpatient Coding: Thinking Inside the Box
- Inpatient Delirium
- Inpatient Diabetes Management
- Inpatient Management of Acute Decompensated Heart Failure
- Inpatient Management on Telemetry
- Inpatient Oncologic Emergencies
- Inpatient Palliative Care
- Inpatient Stroke Diagnosis and Management
- Live Podcast: Historical and Ethical Controversies Surrounding the Determination of Death—The Last Breath
- Management of Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Noninvasive Ventilation Strategies
- Perioperative Anticoagulation
- Preventing Health Care-Associated Infections
- Quality Improvement: Participation to Publication
- Readmissions: Why Haven't We Fixed This Yet?
- Safe Opioid Use in the Hospital
- Sepsis Management
- Sickle Cell Anemia: Care of the Adult Patient
- Steroids in the Acutely Ill
- The Highs and Lows of Inpatient Electrolytes
- Transfer From Surgery: What Every Hospitalist Should Know
- Update in Hospital Medicine
- Volume Assessment and Fluid Management in the Hospitalized Patient
- What Hospitalists Need to Know About Patients on Dialysis
- When Your Medically Ill Inpatient Has Opioid Use Disorder