You are here
Manitoba and Saskatchewan Governor's Newsletter December 2019
In this Issue:
- GOVERNOR’S MESSAGE
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- FACP – BECOME ONE TODAY!
- WELCOME TO NEW MEMBERS!
- GET INVOLVED IN YOUR CHAPTER!
Glen R. Drobot, MD, FACP, ACP Governor
I am proud to announce that our Chapter has once again received an ACP Chapter Excellence Award!
Our 2019 ACP Western Canada Chapters Annual Meeting/Rocky Mountain Internal Medicine Meeting was another success. Save the date for next year – November 19-21, 2020 at the Rimrock Resort Hotel in Banff.
This will be my last newsletter as your Governor. Thank you to all council and committee members for their support and a special thank you to previous Governor Dr. John Embil. The chapter will be in excellent hands under the leadership of Dr. Catherine Moltzan, who will become your new Governor in April.
Wishing you and your families the best of the holiday season and New Year!
EXCELLENT RESOURCES FOR MEMBERS
- Update your Knowledge with MKSAP 18 Q&A A 54-year-old man is evaluated for a 6-month history of right shoulder pain. He describes the pain as moderately severe aching that is diffusely localized over the shoulder without radiation to the arm. Read more and guess the answer…
- To save 10 %, enter code CPDCOVERED2 at checkout before January 31, 2020.
- ACP Journal Club - a summary of the best new evidence for internal medicine from over 120 clinical journals.
- DynaMed Plus®
- ACP JournalWise – searches and filters the most recent articles from the top 120 medical journals.
- ACP Clinical Guidelines
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- IM In-Training Exam - a web-based self-assessment exam for residents to assess their progress.
- ACP advocates for you – Read how...
- Patient Education Tools
- Enhance Your Personal Well-being
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Join your Canadian colleagues in LA for a complimentary reception hosted by the six ACP Canadian Chapters!
Friday, April 24, 2020 from 6:00-8:00pm
1230 S. Olive Street
Los Angeles CA 90015
ACP Quebec Chapter Annual Meeting
In collaboration with the Canadian Society of Internal Medicine and ASMIQ
October 14-17, 2020
Quebec City, QC
ACP Internal Medicine Meeting 2021
April 29-May 1, 2021
ACP Internal Medicine Meeting 2022
April 28-30, 2022
ACP AS ADVOCATE
Did you know that the ACP is highly involved in advocacy? Keep up to date with the ACP Advocate Newsletter.
There are many resolutions brought forth for consideration by the Board of Governors. We encourage members to visit www.acponline.org/advocacy and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org The Canadian Governors have the opportunity to discuss and vote on resolutions and policy during annual meetings of the Board of Governors.
FACP – BECOME ONE TODAY!
- Know a Chapter Member deserving of advancement to Fellowship or Mastership? Nominate them! Or contact me personally at email@example.com
WELCOME TO NEW MEMBERS!
Vinit V Elimban, MD
Devin G Frobb, MD
Asad Junaid, MD
Stephen Lee, MD
GET INVOLVED IN YOUR CHAPTER!
Be an active part of this chapter! There are many volunteer opportunities on various committees – email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow the ACP Canadian Chapters on Twitter! @ACPCanadian