You are here
Medical Student Well-Being Resources
Working toward your professional goals is important, but your own well-being is paramount.
The following resources can help you practice mindfulness, find joy in medicine, and help you recognize burnout in yourself and others.
If you or someone you know is in crisis, help is available 24/7. Text 741741, or call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (988 or 1-800-273-8255) or Disaster Distress Hotline (1-800-985-5990).
Visit the I.M. Emotional Support Hub for peer support, confidential counseling, and resources to protect your well-being.
- A Beginner's Guide to Staying Sane in Medical School
- Eight Ways To Develop Your Resilience
- 10 Tips on How to Be Happy in Medical School
- Ending Unhealthy Competition: Holding Space and Encouraging Your Peers by Gabriela Tamara Suggs, American Medical Women’s Association
Podcasts and Episodes
- The DEI Shift
- Finding Joy
- The Curbsiders—Hotcakes: Imposter Syndrome, Vacations & Metabolic Syndrome, Pneumonia Vaccine Update, and More!
- Unlocking Us with Brené Brown—Dr. Vivek Murthy and Brené on Loneliness and Connection
- Unlocking Us with Brené Brown—Brené, Ashley, and Barrett on Perfectionism, Numbing, Boundaries, Polling, and Authenticity
- Psychiatry & Psychotherapy—How to Rock the USMLE Step 1 (or Any Big Test)
On Demand Webinars
- ACP's Southern California Region III Wellness Wave
- Know Your Colleagues, Know Yourself: Checking in on Mental Health
- Medical Student Well-being: Don’t Forget About Us
- Building Your Resilient Self®
- Positive Psychology in Times of Crisis
- Optimizing Well-being, Practice Culture, and Professional Thriving in an Era of Turbulence
- ACP Online Learning Center
- Reflections on a Decade Leading a Medical Student Well-Being Initiative, Stuart Slavin, MD, MEd, Journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges
- Prioritizing Medical Student Downtime: Resources and Recommendations, ACP California Council of Student Members
- National Academy of Medicine Resources
- Well-being and Burnout Tools (including TED Talks)
- Mental Health: Taking Care of Ourselves During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
Find more well-being and professional resources on ACP Online.