You are here
November 20, 2020
Resources to help you thrive and navigate the way forward.
ACP is committed to bringing you the resources you need as a Well-being Champion. In our recent survey, several Champions expressed a desire for adaptable presentations to use at ACP chapter meetings and other events. We are excited to share our first adaptable presentation based on the “Feelings and Needs” webinar presented by Dr. Kerri Palamara this September, and we have additional adaptable slide decks planned for the coming months.
We are also working hard to integrate physician well-being and professional fulfillment into several College-wide programs, including ACP's IMpower and Women in Medicine programs. The IMpower initiative offers nonclinical tools and resources specifically crafted for residents. Well-being offerings include webinars on mental health and well-being during the pandemic. Our Women in Medicine initiative includes the webinar “Gender-Based Differences in Physician Burnout as well as resources on negotiating, work–life integration, and leadership – all things that can lead to greater fulfillment in the workplace.
Through initiatives like Women in Medicine, ACP's commitment to diversity is leading to a more inclusive health care system for patients and for underrepresented minority clinicians. ACP recently announced its 2020–2021 strategic priority of diversity, inclusion, and engagement, and is committed to being an antiracist organization. We invite you to listen to the DEI Shift podcast episode “Mentorship and Recruitment of URiMs, “ which interviews Dr. Quentin Youmans about strategies for mentoring and supporting underrepresented minorities in medicine.
Check out the links below for even more resources you can use for yourself or to help others. Please note that you will need to be signed into ACPOnline for links to function:
- Attend new ACP well-being webinars.
- Learn how ACP Well-being Champions are moving the well-being needle, read about organizational best practices to fight burnout, explore ACP's new COVID-19 recovery toolkit, and check out other noteworthy resources.
- Discover how Missouri Well-being Champion Fariha Shafi is bringing well-being to her chapter through social media and virtual meet-ups.
- Watch leading physicians discuss how primary care medicine has changed as a result of COVID-19 and read how two ACP members are juggling work and parenting during a pandemic.
- Review ACP's latest administrative and regulatory relief advocacy, including a letter asking CMS to provide additional regulatory relief to physicians during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many Champions have also asked for ways they can support physician advocacy efforts. We encourage you to contact your federal lawmakers in the House and Senate and urge them to support the bipartisan Lorna Breen Health Care Provider Protection Act to promote evidence-based strategies to help prevent suicide, burnout, and substance use disorders among health care professionals.
Your ACP Well-being Team
Discuss the news topics above and share advice and ideas with other Well-being Champions in your private forum.