Promoting and Nurturing Belonging and Psychological Safety Through Our Well-being Champion Community's Efforts
Welcome to our latest newsletter, where we delve into promoting and nurturing belonging and psychological safety through our Well-being Champion community's efforts. We hope you find the tools within informative and valuable to foster embracing positive work and learning environments and meeting each of our systems and our own unique and evolving well-being and professional fulfillment needs.
It's important to remember that our connections to others play a significant role in both our physical and mental health. Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy has highlighted this fact in his podcast, "House Calls," and it's a message that's echoed in this month's Annals Graphic Medicine feature. By sharing our thoughts and feelings openly with others, we can find strength and healing through connection. It's crucial that we create nurturing spaces where everyone feels welcome and valued, and that means prioritizing inclusivity, compassion, and respect for diversity. Every conversation we have is an opportunity to build a culture of belonging and make a positive impact on those around us. Let's all commit to these values and make meaningful connections one conversation at a time.
Check out the links below for resources you can use for yourself and others:
- Visit the I.M. Emotional Support Hub and Video Series to learn more about individual and organizational strategies and resources to protect clinicians' emotional health.
- Watch and revisit strategies to promote belonging personally and professionally.
- Learn and share actionable well-being skills and systems resources that foster connections and belonging.
- Implement coaching tools to build and nurture connections. Learn from the experiences of your fellow WBCs from the trenches.
- Read articles and peer-reviewed works that highlight the importance of inclusion.
- Register for the webinar “Should I Renegotiate my Contract?” Life can change drastically over time, and your employment contract may need changes to match.
- Protect your financial future and get paid what you deserve with ACP's financial well-being tools and resources.
- Use ACP's Design Your Own Well-being Program resource to create a program tailored to any organization's needs and budget.
- Review Patients Before Paperwork and advocacy updates that affect physician well-being and professional fulfillment.
- Explore WBC coaching resources, including coaching sign-ups, the WBC contact list, a well-being interventions library, and the WBC journey map.
Your ACP Well-being Team
Please log your Well-being Champion activities in your new and improved Well-being Champion Activities Tracker!