- Significant and continuing educational activity, such as
- Recertification in internal medicine; or
- Subspecialty certification; or
- Participation in the Medical Knowledge Self-Assessment Program® (MKSAP) for CME credit; or
- Certificates of special competence in adolescent medicine, critical care medicine, clinical cardiac electrophysiology, geriatrics, or sports medicine; or
- Advanced degrees such as PhD, MBA, or MPH
- Teaching, both institutional and community-based
Note: Exceptional candidates with outstanding scholarly and/or teaching and/or community activities may qualify under this pathway even without fulfilling the recertification, subspecialty certification, or MKSAP requirement.