Internal Medicine Interest Group Update
The 2010-2011 IMIG recruitment period closed at the end of December, with 42 schools reaching the 30% participation goal for Student Membership. The 135 medicals schools with an ACP sponsored IMIG program recruited a total of 2,873 new student membersand an additional 1,713 student members were recruited at schools without an IMIG program.
Each IMIG will be receiving additional sponsorship funds from ACP based on their individual recruitment efforts. Those schools with over 30% Student Membership receive $2 per Student Member, and those less than 30% receive $1 per Student Member for a maximum of $1000 in sponsorship, including the initial $200 sponsorship each group received in the fall.
Congratulations to our top five recruiters!
- A.T. Still University, School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona - 93% participation
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine - 84% participation
- University of Hawaii - 83% participation
- Lincoln Memorial University - DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine - 81% participation
- University of South Alabama - 75% participation
Thank you to all of our partipating schools and student leaders!
To learn more about the importance of IMIG participation and
selecting a career in internal medicine check out a
recent study by the AAMC.