You are here
Washington, D.C. - MOC Exam Prep Course
For physicians preparing for the ABIM Maintenance of Certification examination in internal medicine, general internists, internal medicine subspecialists, and internal medicine trainees.
|Registration Date||Non-Member||ACP Member*|
*Includes Residents, Research Fellows, and Interns. Verification letter required.
Carmella A. Cole, MD, FACP, Director, Section of General Internal Medicine, Interim Chair, Department of Medicine, MedStar Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
Deborah Topol, MD, FACP, Assistant Dean for Medical Education, Georgetown University at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
All registrations include access to the electronic version of the course syllabus (e-syllabus), which will be available beginning February 17, 2017.
- The e-syllabus is a full-color pdf document in excess of 1100 pages. It is not intended for printing. If printed in black and white it will not be readable.
- You must download the syllabus to your laptop or tablet prior to attending the course, as there will not be internet access in the meeting room.
- You will need software that enables you to take notes on a pdf document. Adobe Reader is a source for free versions of note-taking software.
- You should make a back-up copy of the e-syllabus. It will only be available online until 2 weeks after the course ends.
- There are a limited number of outlets in the meeting room. Your device should be fully charged before you arrive.
- Increase and refresh knowledge of core topics in internal medicine and the subspecialties through discussion of common and not-so-common clinical problems.
- Become adept working through difficult test questions logically and successfully.
- Implement changes in clinical practice in accordance with recent advances and clinical guidelines.
The American College of Physicians is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 24.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which include participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 24.5 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credit claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Learners must complete a quiz based on the course content and achieve a minimum score of 60% in order to claim the MOC points.
Refund/Cancellation Policy for Courses
To request a refund for MOC Exam Preparation Courses, please refer to ACP's Refund/Cancellation Policy for Courses.