ACP strongly advocated throughout 2023 on critical issues impacting internal medicine physicians, patients, and health care.
2023 Advocacy in Action
- Worked to reduce administrative burdens including prior authorization and step therapy reform
- Influenced CMS to adopt many of ACP's recommendations including the implementation of the G2211 code and the extension of telehealth flexibilities
- Championed the start of Medicare prescription drug price negotiations which ACP has long advocated for
- Initiated a national campaign demanding policies to reduce firearms-related injuries and death
- Advocated for policies to protect patient access to reproductive health services and gender affirming care
- And more