ACP Policy News
Policy paper calls for system improvements that prioritize patients, simplify billing and documentation, support primary care, correct disparities and redesign health IT.
Healthy Adult Opportunity plan allows states to apply for waivers to convert Medicaid funding in a block-grant approach.
Advocacy in Action
The revised rule puts health of immigrants at risk and interferes with the patient-physician relationship.
ACP has developed the following educational content that is freely available to the healthcare community as a public service of ACP in response to the Coronavirus outbreak.
- Novel Coronavirus: A Physician's Guide. This online learning activity can be easily accessed on handheld devices and provides a clinical overview of infection control and patient care guidance.
- Coronavirus: What the Clinician Needs to Know. This podcast was produced by Core IM in collaboration with ACP, and includes an interview with Dr. Christina Fiske, infectious diseases subspecialist at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
For these coronavirus education activities, ACP members may report their learning time for CME credit without charge. Please feel free to share these resources with others in the health care community.
Several deadlines for submissions to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) are quickly approaching:
- Feb. 25 - If you previously submitted a Letter of Intent to apply for CMS’ Direct Contracting Model, you must submit your application by this date. More information is available on the CMS website.
- Mar. 2 - Registration and attestation information for hospitals participating in the Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program is due.
- Mar. 31 - The 2019 MIPS data submission period closes. You can find more information about 2019 data requirements in the Quality Payment Program (QPP) Resource Library, and you can submit your data by logging in to your QPP account. 2019 performance will impact 2021 payments.
ACP's Physician and Practice Timeline can help you keep up-to-date on a variety of regulatory, payment, and delivery system changes and requirements. You can also sign up to receive text alerts to help keep you on top of upcoming deadlines and details. To sign up for these alerts, text ACPtimeline (no space) to 313131 from your mobile phone.
ACP Advocate is copyrighted ©2020 by the American College of Physicians.