You are here
ACP JournalWise provides high quality, clinically relevant new articles for internal medicine
ACP JournalWise makes it easier to keep up to date via mobile web or desktop
PHILADELPHIA, April 17, 2012 -- The American College of Physicians (ACP) today released ACP JournalWise, a personalized, mobile-optimized updating service for clinical articles from a large number of medical journals.
"ACP JournalWise alerts users to the highest quality, most clinically relevant new articles for internal medicine and its subspecialties," said Virginia L. Hood, MBBS, MPH, FACP, president, ACP. "Users can quickly access the literature that matters the most to them based on their interests."
Updated daily and available on smartphone, tablet, or desktop, ACP JournalWise screens articles in every issue of over 120 journals identifying specialty area, methods quality, and clinical importance. It also gathers the Tables of Contents of journals users select from a list of more than 175 in one convenient place for browsing. Features include:
- Select the specialty areas and the rating thresholds for article alerts
- Check new alerts by logging in from smart phone, tablet, or computer; or opt for e-mail alerts at specified frequency
- Search the ACP JournalWise database for quality-assessed articles on specific topics
- Follow the Tables of Contents of favorite journals as new issues become available
- Save links to favorite articles for future use
- Share alerts with peers, and follow what they are reading
- Read expert commentary on high quality, clinically relevant articles
- Scan the most popular articles across all specialties
ACP JournalWise is a free benefit for the specialty organization's internal medicine physician members and is managed by the editors of Annals of Internal Medicine. It will soon be available for non-member purchase.
ACP members can set up their free subscription at www.journalwise.org. Existing ACP Journal Club PLUS subscribers will have their accounts automatically transferred to ACP JournalWise.
About the American College of Physicians
The American College of Physicians is the largest medical specialty organization and the second-largest physician group in the United States. ACP members include 132,000 internal medicine physicians (internists), related subspecialists, and medical students. Internists specialize in the prevention, detection, and treatment of illness in adults. Follow ACP on Twitter and Facebook.