Access the live feeds by clicking the 'Access the Virtual Meeting' buttons at the top of the page.
|Time (Central Time)||Session|
|9:45 AM||Registration/Check-in (Zoom)|
|10:08 AM||Robert Doherty Tribute, Senior Vice President, Governmental Affairs & Public Policy
|10:18 AM||Welcome/Introductions/Overview of DEI
Moderator: Omar Atiq, MD, FACP
David Hilden, MD, MPH, FACP
Implicit Bias and Call To Action
Listening To Communities-Integration of DEI In Multiple Spheres Advocating For And With Different Groups: Inter-Professional, Patients, Communities
Advocating For An Issue(s): How To Move Things Through Professional Societies, Organizations, Institutions, Communities, Etc.
Advocating On The Local, State, And National Levels and Building Successful Coalitions
Moderator: Omar Atiq, MD, FACP
Find answers to your questions below.
Equipment and Materials
Our meeting will be conducted on the Zoom platform and all registered attendees will be have links to the Zoom meeting through this page. If you do not have a Zoom account, we recommend you sign up for one before the meeting. Sign up is free. Click here to sign up.
Test Your Equipment in Advance
- Please test and check your system at least 15 minutes prior to meeting. This includes your network connection, device battery life, and speakers.
- We recommend you use a computer or a tablet for the best experience. The system is not responsive on a cell phone.
Control Your Environment as Best You Can
- Mute other devices that might interfere with your computer audio.
- Create a learning-conducive environment, eliminating as many distractions as possible. Close out of other tabs and mute notifications, if possible.
- Prepare your space with anything you may need during the virtual program (appropriate chargers, note-taking materials, water, etc.).
Troubleshooting Technical Difficulties
- Some networks cause slides to advance more slowly than others. If your slides are behind or you are having audio issues, please try to refresh the page.
ACP Chapter's Virtual Meeting Code of Conduct
ACP is a community that values collegiality, respect for patents and each other, and medicine’s standards of ethics and professionalism. ACP members are guided by the content and spirit of the ACP Pledge and by their commitment to the ethics of medicine, including those in the ACP Ethics Manual. “Physicians’ conduct as professionals and as individuals should merit the respect of the community.”
ACP expects members, staff, and others who participate in events and activities involving ACP to treat others as you would like to be treated – with courtesy, respect for differences, and in ways that appropriately represent the profession of internal medicine. As set forth in ACP’s An-Harassment Policy, ACP does not tolerate any form of harassment, including intimidation, hostility, or other unwelcome and offensive communication or treatment.
If you experience or observe harassing, inappropriate or otherwise unprofessional behavior, or you have concerns about how you have been treated by an ACP member or staff or anyone else at an ACP meeting or event, you may report the incident to Chapter Staff.
The chapter reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate; including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and the chapter reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.
For other questions about the virtual meeting, contact Mary Olhausen at firstname.lastname@example.org.