ACP Hospitalist April 2018:
- Clinicians dive into hospital design
Researchers from health care and design backgrounds have been increasingly focusing on how the layout and allocation of space in hospitals can promote the well-being of both patients and clinicians.
- Taking glucose management online
New algorithms and virtual systems can help hospitals to optimize inpatient glycemic control.
- Caring for sepsis survivors
Risks of sepsis, including mortality, functional and cognitive impairment, and mental health problems, continue long after discharge.
ACP Internist May 2018:
- Screening for lung cancer a struggle
Lung cancer has an alarmingly low five-year survival rate, but screening, if implemented well, can improve it.
ACP Internist April 2018:
- New internal medicine residency gains foothold in Nepal
Patan Hospital of Nepal, a tertiary-level referral center that treats nearly 320,000 outpatients and 20,000 inpatients each year, began an internal medicine residency program last year.
- Be proactive about managing hepatitis B
Reports and other guidance on both hepatitis B virus prevention and treatment all have reprised a common theme: Clearly vulnerable individuals are too often missed.
- Reducing overuse and misuse in medical care: Proceedings of the 2017 American College of Physicians International Forum
Proceedings of the 2017 American College of Physicians International Forum