You are here
Model Curriculum Vitae
Header with name for all pages; and number all pages bottom center.
- Home address and telephone:
Professional address and telephone:
- (If applicable, an individual who is authorized to work in the US, but due to nationality thinks someone might question this, could include: Authorized to work in this country)
Present Academic Rank and Position
Do not use prefix of academic rank if you do not have one.
Professor of Medicine, Anytown Medical School
Consultant, Department of Internal Medicine
Division of Gastroenterology
Anytown Medical School
- Include degrees and dates.
- List month, year and board certificate number, if known. Include national boards and their parts if you have them.
- Indicate state and license number only; date is not necessary.
Honors and Awards
- Include Teacher of the Year, honors from undergraduate school, Phi Beta Kappa membership, AOA, etc.
- Complete if applicable; include branch of service, rank, place, and dates.
Previous Professional Positions and Appointments
- Academic Research, Clinical--list chronologically, beginning with earliest appointment.
- In your role as teacher, list dates and names of courses taught, chairships held, time spent as leader of rounds, seminars presented, student advisor roles filled, etc.
- Medical School:
Other Institutions (prior to current position):
- List membership on editorial boards, position as scientific reviewer for medical journals, etc.
Graduate Students/Postdoctoral Fellows Working for You
- List individuals' names, number of years working for you, name of program, etc.
Institutional, Departmental, and Divisional Administrative Responsibilities, Committee Memberships, and Other Activities
- List all, including years active. If still active, list date as follows: 1986- .
Professional and Society Memberships
- List dates, offices held, and committee responsibilities.
Invited Visiting Professorships
- List dates, place, and professorship title.
Presentations at National Meetings
List dates, meeting names, places, and topics.
Presentations at International Meetings
- List dates, meeting names, places, and topics.
- Presentations at the physician's hospital or institutions, for example, presentations, Mortality and Morbidity Conferences, or Journal Club meeting at Grand Rounds, or formal presentations to medical students.
Clinical Practice, Interests, and Accomplishments
- List these here.
- List these here.
Research Grants Awarded
- Include grant number and title, time period, and Category 1 time.
- Include both medically and non-medically related activities.
Publications-Journals (List in order shown).
- Published articles list in chronological order with oldest first; "In Press" for those articles accepted but not printed; "Submitted" for those submitted but not yet accepted or rejected; "In Preparation" for those written but not submitted; List those you are working on but have not yet written under "Research Interests" above, including coauthors.
Publications-Abstracts, Editorials, Book Chapters
- Following the title, identify in parentheses what each one is: abstract, editorial, or book chapter. Put all abstracts in a separate grouping.