You are here
Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS)
Medicare's Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) is a quality reporting program with negative payment adjustments to promote quality reporting. Stay up to date with quality reporting measures, requirements, and deadlines.
Upcoming PQRS Deadlines
|Informal Review Period Closes||November 30, 2016||
CMS released on September 26th the PQRS Feedback Reports that show program year 2015 PQRS reporting results, including whether physicians are subject to a negative payment adjustment in calendar year 2017. Solo physicians and groups have through November 30, 2016 to submit an informal review if they believe they were assessed incorrectly.
|2016 PQRS Program Year Ends||December 31, 2016||
During calendar year 2016, all solo and group practice eligible professionals (EPs) should participate in the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS). Group practices and solo EPs that do not satisfactorily report PQRS data for 2016 are subject to automatic downward payment adjustments in 2018 for both PQRS and the VBP modifier program.
|PQRSwizard Deadline||February 28, 2017||
If you are using PQRSwizard to submit individual measures or measure group data for 2016 PQRS requirements, data must be entered into PQRSwizard by 5 p.m. ET. (Note: Other qualified registries may have different submission deadlines.)
PQRSwizard Makes Quality Reporting Fast & Easy
ACP offers the PQRSwizard - a fast, convenient, and cost-effective online tool to collect and report quality data for the CMS PQRS program. Benefits of the PQRSwizard:
- Requires as few as 20 patient records per provider
- Minimizes data entry time - most users can complete the data input in under 2 hours
- Validates data entry automatically
- Maximizes your PQRS incentive and avoids penalties
- $219/provider for ACP members
View more information about PQRSwizard. During February, there are several free informational webcasts scheduled. To register or to view past webinars - about PQRS and the PQRSwizard, see PQRSwizard Support.
PQRS 2016 General Information
- CMS' PQRS How to Get Started Webpage
- Why Participate?
- Quality Reporting Road Map
- 2016 Implementation Guide
- 2016 Individual Measures
- Registry Reporting Made Simple
- EHR Reporting Made Simple
- Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) Participation Made Simple
- Group Practice Reporting Option (GPRO) Registration Quick Reference Guide
- CMS PQRS Web Page
2015 Reporting Review
Negative Payment Review - Between September 26 and November 30, 2016, request informal review that CMS investigate 2017 payment adjustment determination.
Can't find what you need? Contact ACP's Department of Medical Practice