You are here
Medicare Shared Savings ACO Program
The Affordable Care Act requires the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to establish a shared savings program to facilitate coordination and cooperation among providers to improve the quality of care for Medicare fee-for-service beneficiaries and reduce unnecessary costs.
ACP has assembled a set of materials and information about Medicare Shared Savings/ ACO Program to assist you in following its implementation:
- Detailed Summary: Medicare Shared Savings/Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Program
- Summary and Analysis of Final Medicare ACO Rule
- ACP's Summary and Analysis of CMS' Proposed Accountable Care Organization Rules (Nov. 2014)
- Medicare Shared Savings Program Application: Information about the program, CMS application materials and key deadlines for prospective accountable care organizations (ACO) interested in applying for the Medicare Shared Savings Program.
- CMS' Proposed Changes to Accountable Care Organization Regulations (Nov. 2014)
- CMS Medicare Shared Savings/Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Program Final Rule (published, October 19, 2011 in the Federal Registrar)
- CMS Medicare Shared Savings/Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Program Proposed Rule (published in April 7, 2011 Federal Register)