ACP Advance: Diabetes: This program uses a collaborative, data-driven approach to encourage patient-centered, team-based clinical care and to foster improved care processes and outcomes. Key strategies include:
- ACP Diabetes Registry, an online performance improvement platform that allows you to upload data via manual or excel spreadsheet options, view your performance, compare to peer and national benchmarks, identify gaps, and link to improvement resources.
- Diabetes measures that are nationally recognized by the National Quality Forum and CMS; measures will comport with requirements of pay-for-reporting and performance programs including and Bridges to Excellence (BTE) as well as PCMH certification requirements. Measures include:
- Hemoglobin A1c Poor Control
- Foot Exam
- Eye Exam
- Medical Attention for Nephropathy
- Influenza Immunization
- Body Mass Index (BMI) Screening and Follow-Up
- Tobacco Use: Screening and Cessation Intervention
- Coaching calls and technical assistance/practice facilitation to import, upload, or enter data, receive reports on performance, and implement QI projects and practice changes
- Tools and resources to improve care, including free access to the ACP Practice Advisor
- Added value through direct links to professional and reimbursement requirements, including Maintenance of Certification (MOC) for Practice Assessment points, and Bridges to Excellence (BTE) Diabetes Recognition Program;
- Peer-to-peer collaboration and learning, with ongoing opportunities for live, virtual, and social networking communication and exchanges.
Join the Diabetes Collaborative Registry™ Today! The Diabetes Collaborative Registry (DCR) is a national clinical diabetes registry designed to assess and improve the quality of your diabetes care for free. By joining the registry, you will be able to:
- Track adherence to national performance measures
- Compare your performance to national benchmarks
- Improve performance against evidence-based diabetes metrics
For more information please contact: ACPQI@acponline.org.
ACP hosted several webinars to help physicians implement quality improvement strategies to improve care of their diabetic patients.
ACP's 2015 Diabetes Webinar Recordings are available here:
- Using the ACP Diabetes Platform (MedConcert) to Improve Diabetes Care
- The Basics of Quality Improvement
- Clinical Update on Diabetes
- Shared Decision-Making
- Understanding New Lipid and Hypertension Guidelines
- Practice Transformation in Chronic Care Management
- New PCMH Requirements for NCQA
- Care Coordination
- Helping the patient with "diabetes difficulties": Focus on patients with A1c >9%
National Diabetes Education Program Practice Transformation for Physicians and Health Care Teams