ACP recognizes that members may have special circumstances that require a reduction in dues. Below are circumstances under which a member may request a dues adjustment. Members wishing to receive one of these dues adjustments should contact us at (800) ACP-1915 (800-227-1915), direct at 215-351-2600, or email/online at www.acponline.org/contact
ACP member couples have the option of waiving one set of print publications and receiving a dues reduction. This offer is only available to couples that pay full membership dues. The member whose subscription is waived will be billed the appropriate discounted rate. Members who take advantage of the couple's national dues discount will each be billed the full amount of chapter dues. The adjustment will be in effect on a permanent basis or until the couple notifies Member and Product Support that they are no longer a couple.
Retired/Semi-retired Rate for Emeritus Members
ACP members meeting the following criteria are eligible for a 50 percent reduction in membership dues:
- Aged 60 years or older
- Working less than 20-hours each week or fully retired
- Ten or more continuous years of full membership in the College without any break for non-payment of dues during that time
- Living in the United States and currently paying full membership dues
Members receiving this dues reduction continue to have access to all benefits of ACP membership.
In recognition of long term membership in the College, ACP members meeting the following criteria are eligible for an additional reduction.
- Aged 75 years or older
- Working less than 20 hours or full retired
- Member of the College for 30 or more years
Members have all of the benefits of membership, but without print publications.
Joint Dues Discount
If you are a full dues paying member of ACP and one of the following organizations, you are eligible for a 10% discount off of the dues you owe to both organizations at renewal. The discount is automatic at your first renewal providing your dues were paid in full the previous year for both organizations. The discount with each organization will be highlighted on your dues notice.
ACP members living in the US and who would be paying full dues but who are working part-time (20-hours or fewer a week) or who are unemployed are eligible for a temporary dues reduction of 50% off their membership dues. Members paying this rate still have access to all of the benefits of membership, including print publications. This rate is renewable each year and you will be contacted January of each year to update your status for the next membership year.
Financial Hardship Rate
Members may request a dues adjustment if they are experiencing a temporary, yet significant financial setback, or if they have made a career change that temporarily affects their ability to pay membership dues. This option is limited to two or fewer years. The financial hardship rate is $235 for the current year and includes print publications. Members must submit a Dues Adjustment Request form or a letter describing the situation. With the waiver, members will not have to pay national dues, but they will not receive print publications of the College. Members can download the Table of Contents of the Annals of Internal Medicine and have access to the abstracts of key articles right away. Members will also have access to the entire journal six months after publication. Members receiving this rate will be asked to pay voluntary dues to their local ACP chapter.
Disabled Members Rate
Members who have a medical condition that seriously interferes with their ability to practice medicine and/or earn income may request an adjustment in dues. The adjustment can either be in the form of a reduction or waiver. Members may be asked to send in a letter from their physician confirming the severity of their disability. Members must submit a Dues Adjustment Request form or a letter describing their disability annually.
- Reduced Dues -- Members have access to all of the benefits of membership, including print publications. This rate is renewable each year if circumstances continue. For the current membership year that began on July 1, the dues rate is $235. Members paying a reduced dues rate will be asked to pay voluntary ACP chapter dues.
- Temporary Waiver -- Members have all of the benefits of membership, but without print publications. Members may download the Table of Contents of the Annals of Internal Medicine and have access to the abstracts of key articles right away. Full articles are not available for an additional six months after publication. Members receiving this rate will receive a dues bill asking that they voluntarily pay their local ACP chapter.