International Physician Affiliates
ACP offers a wide array of clinical, educational and professional benefits to meet the needs of international physicians who are not trained in or practicing in internal medicine.
ACP Resources for International Physician Affiliates
ACP produces highly-respected, evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. Recent topics include: Hormonal Testing and Pharmacologic Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction, Screening for HIV in Health Care Settings, and Using Second-Generation Antidepressants to Treat Depressive Disorders. Free to Physician Affiliate members.
- ACP's Clinical Skills Program offers a variety of training programs on office-based procedures, physical examinations, and communication skills at ACP's annual Internal Medicine Meeting, or through videos and training modules. Topics include: Clinical Breast Examination, Common Skin Biopsy Techniques, Arthrocentesis and Joint Injection, and more. Clinical Skills training is included in the Internal Medicine meeting registration, or by purchasing a video at a member discount.
- DynaMed Plus offers the next generation of clinical decision support tools. With content developed jointly by ACP and EBSCO Health, this trusted, evidence-based resource is available to ACP members online and via a mobile device beginning in August 2015. Free to members.
- Annals of Internal Medicine, the leading internal medicine journal, publishes original research reviews, clinical guidelines, commentaries, and essays related to the practice of internal medicine. Also includes In the Clinic, a review of best practices for managing common clinical conditions and ACP Journal Club, summaries of the most clinically relevant and highest quality new studies from more than 150 journals. Physician Affiliates receive online-only access.
- ACP Journal Club PLUS lets you create your own alerting service for newly published evidence. Choose topics to follow, frequency of updates, and method of notification (e-mail or RSS feed). Free to Physician Affiliate members.
- ACP Internist & ACP Internist Weekly report on new developments in clinical medicine, practice management, and public policy, along with updates on College initiatives. The Weekly edition is delivered via email every Tuesday. Free to Physician Affiliate members.
- ACP Hospitalist & ACP HospitalistWeekly keeps readers current on all aspects of hospital medicine, including: clinical issues, career trends, research, and practice management. The Weekly edition is delivered via email every Wednesday. Free upon request to members involved in hospital medicine. You must sign up for a free subscription to these publications.
- ACP Books Program titles range from teaching guides to humanities to clinical resources. Most books are available in e-book format. The ACP Books Program also works in partnership with Mc-Graw-Hill to offer quality titles of interest to internists at a discount. ACP books are discounted for members.
- MKSAP® 17 is a valuable clinical resource, reinforcing the information you know and helping you identify topics that need more attention. MKSAP is a comprehensive learning system covering the core of internal medicine and its subspecialties, including 11 thorough text chapters and 1,200 multiple-choice questions. ACP members save up to $280 on the purchase of MKSAP.
- ACP's Patient Education Resources include printed HEALTH TiPS that help patients to ask their physician questions related to their conditions, VIDEO HEALTH TiPS, which are short, easy to understand, patient-centered health literate videos, and Everyday Self Management Guides that teach patients how to manage their chronic illnesses. Free to Physician Affiliate members.
- In the
Clinic Slide Sets
Downloadable slide sets provide practical, evidence-based overviews of common clinical conditions to use to improve your own knowledge or help in your teaching activities. Free to Physician Affiliate members.
Teaching Medicine Series
The six-book Teaching Medicine Series summarizes the important literature of medical education and teaching for academic physicians. Discount for members.
- Internal Medicine
ACP's annual Internal Medicine meeting is the premier meeting for the specialty and offers over 260 educational sessions in internal medicine and its subspecialties. Physician Affiliate members save up to $200 on registration.
- MKSAP® 17
is a valuable clinical resource, reinforcing the information you know and helping you identify topics that need more attention. This comprehensive learning system includes 11 thorough text chapters and 1,200 multiple-choice questions covering the core of internal medicine and its subspecialties. Physician Affiliate members save significantly on the purchase price of MKSAP.
Offered exclusively to ACP members, the Leadership Enhancement and Development (LEAD) Program targets internists early in their careers and offers many activities designed to provide participants with the skills, resources, and experiences necessary to become effective leaders in any setting.
Submit your work to Annals of Internal Medicine and reach a broader audience of physicians while also enhancing patient care. Articles are subject to a rigorous review process to ensure that the most relevant, influential and credible information is presented.
- International ACP Chapters &
The College conducts many of its activities through local units called chapters and regions. Chapters are nonprofit, formally structured units of the College. There are over 88 chapters of ACP located in the United States and internationally. In addition to implementing local programs, most chapters hold an annual scientific meeting known as a chapter meeting. Most meetings last from one to three days.
ACP chapter meetings provide a forum for updating clinical knowledge and skills, exchanging ideas, discussing issues, and hearing from your local Governor about topics important to you. ACP has international chapters in Brazil, Canada, Central America, Chile, Gulf, Japan, India, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Southeast Asia, Colombia, and Venezuela.