You are here
Posts and Comments Guidelines for The ACP Advocate Blog
The ACP Advocate Blog with Bob Doherty is meant to foster conversation and dialogue about timely policy and advocacy news for Internists. We invite reasonable comments from ACP members, policy makers and others regarding ACP issues.
Weblog Terms for Posting and Comments
Anyone is welcome to comment on the ACP Advocate Blog. In order to maintain an atmosphere of reason and respect for all users, we ask that everyone treat each other with respect and follow these simple Terms. Individuals who do not follow the Terms may be blocked from posting. ACP monitors author-generated content as it chooses and reserves the right to remove, or reject a posting for any reason at any time. ACP shall have no liability to any author for its removal or rejection of any posting or comments.
- Authors must use his or her real name as the username along with your e-mail address to participate in the blog comments.
- Authors must also refrain from inappropriate language, personal attacks, or sharing of any confidential or false information.
- Comments that contain profanities are automatically screened and deleted.
- Authors who purposely misrepresent their official relationship with ACP, and mislead others about ACP's policies in their comments will be deleted.
- Different points of view are always welcome, but comments that attack an individual or organization are subject to deletion.
- No confidential patient or research subject information held by any author of any posting will be placed on the blog, nor should any information you post in comments or e-mail written to the authors of blog postings, editors of the blog, journal management, or to our Webmaster be considered confidential. Do not post or otherwise use confidential information of any kind on this site.
All authors of the ACP Advocate Blog must respect the copyrights and related rights of the publisher as described here. These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time. Authors are responsible for knowledge of any modifications, and should review terms and conditions regularly.
All material published on the ACP Advocate Blog, excluding links, is covered under a Creative Commons "Attribution - NonCommercial - NoDerivs 3.0" license. See http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ for reader-friendly terms. See http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/legalcode for the full legal code.
Postings may include links to other websites/blogs operated by third parties. These are provided as a means of convenient access to you to the information/opinion contained therein. ACP is in no way responsible for the content of any other websites/blogs or any products or services that may be offered through other websites/blogs and therefore you proceed at your own risk in accessing such websites/blogs.
You may link to, copy, distribute, and display ACP's blog posts under the following conditions:
- Noncommercial: You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- No Derivative Works: You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work. Only authors of posts may build upon their own writing for future articles and other works.
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work.
Rights and Warranties
The information on this site is intended for discussion purposes only and does not represent the views of ACP or any of its officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives thereof, nor do the views expressed in comments reflect the views of any authors of posts. The thought and opinions of participants often change. You should not consider out-of-date posts to reflect participants' current thoughts and opinions.
These postings and comments are provided "as is" and do not reflect the official position of ACP and ACP makes no representations, warranty, or assurances as to the accuracy or completeness of information provided herein. ACP is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the author. By posting any comment on the ACP Advocate Blog, the author assumes responsibility and liability for any damages resulting from infringement of copryight and related rights, libel or any other claims that result from the authors comments and agrees to indemnify ACP for such damages that result from ACP's publication of such author's comments. The author of such comments acknowledges that ACP shall have no duty or obligation to determine if such comments could result in such damages.
Descriptions of, or references to, products or publications does not imply endorsement of that product or publication by ACP. ACP does not support or oppose any candidate for elected office, and any posts expressing support or opposition for a candidate are not endorsed by ACP.