You are here
Indiana Governor's Newsletter October 2020
In this Issue:
- Governor's Message
- ACP Statements Supporting Science and Expertise
- Historical Perspective of Medical Education for Black Physicians in the U.S.: A Presentation by Ryan Mire
- Indiana Members are invited to a webinar: BEYOND THE NOW: Strategies & Discussion on How to Plan for Our Brighter Future
Bradley M. Sutter, MD, FACP, ACP Governor
Dear ACP Indiana Chapter Members, Fellows, Residents, Medical Students, and non-member IM physician colleagues:
I hope this brief reminder message finds you well, and I hope that each of you had time to relax, refresh, and spend quality time with family this past summer, as we continue to battle the COVID19 pandemic.
As the tree leaves turn brilliant colors, and the cool, crisp autumn air permeates our days, it is time to remind all of you that the ACP Indiana Chapter is delighted to present our first VIRTUAL Chapter Meeting, to be held Friday, October 30th, from 8:30 AM until 1:30 PM. The Chapter also is planning a virtual Resident and Student Annual Poster Session on Thursday, October 29th. As an added bonus and very unique opportunity, our Chapter has decided to offer this virtual meeting – containing 4 hours of outstanding CME content from highly-recommended, knowledgeable speakers – FREE OF CHARGE to all registered participants. The October 30th meeting agenda is outlined below, and was crafted to address issues relevant to all of our membership, based upon member survey input and prior chapter meeting feedback. PLEASE PLAN TO JOIN US FOR THIS IMPORTANT INTERNAL MEDICINE MEETING, and catch up with friends and professional colleagues virtually.
Bradley M. Sutter, MD, FACP
Governor, ACP Indiana Chapter
Friday, October 30, 2020
8:30 AM - 8:45 AM
Welcome and Opening Remarks
Dr. Bradley Sutter - ACP Governor, Indiana Chapter
8:45 AM - 9:45 AM
Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: a 2020 Update and Diet & Nutrition: What's best for me?
Dr. Sam Singh
Dr. Samer Gawrieh
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Update in Anxiety and Depression
Dr. Areef Kassam
11:15 AM - 12:15 PM
Better is Possible: ACP's Vision for a Better U.S. Health Care System for All
Dr. Douglas DeLong
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Key Inpatient and Outpatient Articles 2019-20
Dr. Stephen Knaus
Dr. William Meyer
ACP Statements Supporting Science and Expertise
ACP joined other professional organizations to support scientific, data driven decisions, and public health officials during the COVID pandemic.
On September 17, ACP joined close to 100 other organization representing physicians and other clinicians, public health experts, scientists, patients, and other advocates, urging FDA Commissioner Hahn and Director Marks of the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research to ensure that a COVID-19 vaccine is only authorized or licensed when it meets the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA's) existing high standards of safety and efficacy.
Historical Perspective of Medical Education for Black Physicians in the U.S.: A Presentation by Ryan Mire
ACP Board of Regents member, Ryan D. Mire, MD, FACP, provides a detailed history of medical education for Black physicians in the United States and the racial disparities physicians faced throughout several important time periods.
The presentation can be viewed here.
Indiana Members are invited to a webinar: BEYOND THE NOW: Strategies & Discussion on How to Plan for Our Brighter Future
October 21, 2020 - 7:00PM CT
- Institutional & Organizational Wellbeing
- Physician Health & Impairment
- Coaching to Increase Wellbeing & Resilience
- Richard Wardrop MD, PhD, FAAP, FACP (co-host) - Mississippi ACP Wellbeing Champion
- Allison Rogers MD (co-host) - Alabama ACP Wellbeing Champion
- Ankita Sagar MD, MPH, FACP - Member, ACP Council of Early Career Physicians
- Stewart Babbot, MD, FACP - Virginia ACP Wellbeing Champion and Member, National ACP Wellbeing Committee
- Alan Baggett MD, FACP - Member, Alabama ACP Council of Early Career Physicians
- Marion McCrary MD, FACP - North Carolina ACP Wellbeing Chair and Physician Coach
- Eileen Barrett MD, MPH, MACP - New Mexico ACP Wellbeing Champion and Member, National ACP Wellbeing Committee
- Sue Hingle MD, MACP - Chair, National ACP Wellbeing Committee
There is no cost to attend the webinar. Register here.