This award is bestowed upon a layperson or lay organization for a distinguished contribution advancing the health care of adults, including health care equity and justice.
Nominating and supporting letters should address:
- The nature of and over what period the nominee provided the services.
- If applicable, the nominee’s contributions to promoting social justice and health equity.
- Whether the nominee’s contributions have measures of impact or effect on health outcomes.
- Any testimonials from those served, if available.
- Whether the nominee's contributions have been sustained over time.
- The ways in which the program/effort serve as a model for others and whether others have utilized the model.
In honor of the late Edward R. Loveland, the first Executive Staff Officer of the College.