Latest Chapter News:
February 2022: Oregon Chapter Advocacy Day was held on February 20, 2022!
The Oregon Chapter ACP Governor's Advisory Council voted on December 8, 2021, to sign on to a coalition with The Oregon State Public Interest Research Group (OSPIRG), which plans to advocate for reasonable measures in a Public Option currently being planned by the state.
Please see the attached letter of support (link below), and this LINK to a white paper outlining goals and visions for moving to support a Public Health insurance option.
The Chapter is looking for physician volunteers to help guide the Oregon ACP's policy positions to ensure that the final legislation reflects the interests and addresses the challenges faced by our physician workforce. We hope to include a diversity of perspectives including, for example, health professionals in private practice and value-based care environments, those serving rural and urban underserved communities, and individuals with experience negotiating reimbursement rates
- Two or three, 1-hour calls in early 2022 (January & February) to review proposed language and plan drafts; and formulate recommendations to ACP Chapter leadership.
- Expected additional 2-4 hours of outside reading materials to inform discussion.
If you are able to in participate in such a workgroup, please email both of our Policy, Research, & Education Subcommittee Co-chairs (Under Oregon ACP HPP Committee) No later than Jan 1st:
Logan Jones - RLoganJonesMD@gmail.com
Teva Brender - TevaBrender@gmail.com Thanks, Oregon Chapter ACP email@example.com
Chapter Statements / Letters
- Statement on Harassment and Violence against Asian Americans
- Statement on Sexual Harassment in Healthcare
- An Open Letter from Oregon Physicians - November 12, 2018
- Oregon ACP Statement in Response to Christchurch Mosque shooting
- General Visa Invitation Letter 2019 for Chapters
- Obley: Public health is doctors’ concern. So are guns.
- ACP Oregon Chapter MP Op-Ed Oregon physicians have obligation to speak against gun violence
- Oregon Chapter of ACP Statement on Tree of Life mass shooting in Pittsburgh