Subscribe to I.M. Thriving
ACP I.M. Thriving is an every other month newsletter that highlights learnings, news, and resources in the intersection of well-being and professional fulfillment, quality, and team-based care. Please complete the form to receive the I.M. Thriving newsletter in your inbox. Questions? E-mail email@example.com.
January 19, 2024
Revisiting Coaching Resources for Well-being Champions
“Without reflection, we go blindly on our way, creating more unintended consequences …” – Margaret J. Wheatley, Author
This issue of I.M. Thriving aims to revisit coaching resources and empower Well-being Champions (WBCs) to harness these tools for personal growth and community and organizational support. Explore the versatility of coaching, a skill that applies to almost anything, as we guide you through a rich array of resources.
In her article, Dr. Kerri Palamara reminds our Champion community that the WBC training equipped us with coaching skills, including listening to understand, reflecting on what you heard, and asking powerful questions. This newsletter is your gateway to unlocking the full potential of coaching. Join us on this journey where coaching becomes a transformative force for individuals, communities, and organizations alike.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts and suggestions for newsletter topics and features.
Check out the links below for resources you can use for yourself and others:
- Visit the I.M. Emotional Support Hub and Video Series to learn more about individual and organizational strategies and resources to protect clinicians' emotional health.
- Explore Well-being Champion (WBC) coaching resources, including coaching signups, the WBC contact list, a library of well-being interventions, and the WBC journey map. Find out how chapters can partner with WBCs (must be signed in to ACP online).
- Watch and revisit coaching strategies learned during your WBC training and new skills to grow your toolkit to support you and your colleagues.
- Uncover examples to support a colleague in need using coaching principles outlined by Kerri Palamara, MD, MACP.
- Read about the “Benefits of Coaching” and how IM residents are flourishing at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
- Discover coaching tools to help you get the most out of coaching conversations.
- Review Patients Before Paperwork and advocacy updates that affect physician well-being and professional fulfillment.
- Register for ACP Quality Improvement Leadership Training: Best Practices to Achieve Meaningful and Sustainable Improvement (PRE 2410).
Download the new ACP Connect app today! As of November 13, 2023, we are no longer posting on Slack. Download and join the discussion within the WBC community.
Your ACP Well-being Team
Please log your Well-being Champion activities in your new and improved Well-being Champion Activities Tracker!