A key part of ACP’s Physician Well-being and Professional Satisfaction initiative is its chapter-based Well-being Champion program.
The overall goal of the Well-being Champion program is to foster local communities of well-being by supporting chapter members, practices, and organizations in addressing burnout and the conditions that create it.
The Champions, who are trained ACP members passionate about ensuring the health and well-being of their colleagues, strive to reach this goal through a variety of approaches tailored to the needs of the chapter and its members.
Champion activities include:
- Creating deeper awareness of the issues among chapter members through chapter presentations
- Ensuring that well-being and professional fulfillment is woven into multiple chapter activities
- Helping members learn to make the case for investing in physician wellness to their practice and organization leaders
- Sharing key evidence-based strategies to improve clinician well-being and professional fulfillment
- Measuring burnout and professional fulfillment in individual members or practices, analyzing results and providing relevant interventions
- Facilitating the development of chapter-based peer discussion groups
Since the program’s inception in 2015, over 150 Champions have been trained and deployed. Over 95% of domestic ACP chapters have at least one ACP Well-being Champion, and Champions are promoting well-being in over 8 countries.
Contact your ACP chapter for more details.
Adaptable Presentations for Well-being Champions
Use these adaptable slides and handouts to present at Chapter meetings, wellness committee meetings, or other areas of your institution.
- Feelings and Needs slide deck
- Feelings and Needs exercise
- Interprofessional Well-being Happy Hour slide deck
- Interprofessional Well-being Happy Hour Facilitator Guide
The ACP Well-being Champion Poster Competition
The goal of ACP’s Well-being Champion poster competition is to highlight how ACP Well-being Champions are implementing programming within their chapters and institutions to help the Internal Medicine community thrive. From 12 submissions, the judges ultimately chose four winning proposals. These posters were originally intended to be presented and displayed at Internal Medicine Meeting 2020.
- Champion Poster 1 - Medicine in Motion
- Champion Poster 2 - Utah Mountain Challenge
- Champion Poster 3 - Walking in Our Patients' Shoes
- Champion Poster 4 - Wellness in Action