Closing the Gap: Cardiovascular Risk is a team-based quality improvement (QI) program aimed at identifying and addressing gaps in cardiovascular knowledge and practice among physicians and their staff members to ultimately improve the care of patients who are at risk for or have cardiovascular disease.
Participants will report on performance measures that focus improvement in a variety of clinical areas including smoking cessation, blood pressure measurement, lipid profile screening, influenza and pneumococcal immunization. Enrollment in Closing the Gap: Cardiovascular Risk is available through 2014. To enroll, email acpQI@acponline.org with the subject line “Enroll in Closing the Gap”.
- A Web-based educational program that instructs the entire practice team to implement QI plans
- Development of tools to assist with implementation of team-based QI plans
- Access to real-time data reports following online submission
- Enroll in the program.
- Submit baseline measurement data for 25 patient visits.
Register and attend a Coaching Call with expert faculty to develop a Quality Improvement plan to implement in your practice. Please note, all of your baseline measurement data should be submitted prior to the Coaching Call.
Faculty Coaching Call dates include:
July 12, 2013
July 24, 2013
August 6, 2013
August 22, 2013
September 9, 2013
There is a limited number of space for each call so reserve your spot early!
- Approximately 3 months after implementation, collect follow-up data on 25 patients and submit online.
- Upon completion, apply for ABIM MOC Self-Evaluation Practice Performance points* and CME.
- Identify barriers to and practice gaps in cardiovascular disease
- Help physicians analyze their practice patterns
- Increase awareness of standards of care for cardiovascular disease
- Teach team-based QI models for improving quality of care
- Help practices achieve quantifiable improvement in cardiovascular care
CME and MOC Credit
Physician participants that complete this program will qualify for up to 28 Continuing Medical Education credits and 20 American Board of Internal Medicine’s Maintenance of Certification Self-Evaluation of Practice Performance Points*.
*For information pertaining to the 2014 ABIM MOC requirements please go to http://moc2014.abim.org/learn.aspx
The American College of Physicians is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Physicians designates this PI CME activity for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American College of Physicians designates this live activity, the coaching call, for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American College of Physicians designates this enduring material, on-line educational materials, for a maximum of 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity is approved through the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Approved Quality Improvement (AQI) Pathway and is eligible for 20 points toward the Self-Evaluation of Practice Assessment requirement of Maintenance of Certification (MOC).
Multimedia Learning Resources
Earn CME Credits
Earn CME Credits through attending live meetings, working online, or watching course recordings on your own schedule.
Internal Medicine 2014 Advance Program Now Online
Details about Internal Medicine 2014's robust offerings are now available on our Website! Use the online Schedule Planner to build and save your own schedule.