ACP Quality Connect: Cardiovascular Risk (formerly Closing the Gap: Cardiovascular Risk) is a team-based quality improvement (QI) program aimed at identifying and addressing gaps in cardiovascular knowledge and practice among physicians and their staff members to ultimately improve the care of patients who are at risk for or have cardiovascular disease. Participants can earn 28 CME credits and 20 ABIM Practice Assessment points for MOC in 3- 6 months.
Those taking part will report on performance measures that focus on improvement in a variety of clinical areas including smoking cessation, blood pressure measurement, lipid profile screening, influenza and pneumococcal immunization.
Join this ABIM MOC practice improvement program and you will receive:
- Free coaching from ACP QI experts via conference call
- Free access to online tools and resources
- Free access to an easy-to-use online system for data submission and creation of reports
Enrollment in Quality Connect: Cardiovascular Risk is available through December 31, 2014. To enroll, email ACPQI@acponline.org with the subject line “Enroll in Cardiovascular Risk”.
Already enrolled? Login to acpquest.org.
- Enroll in the program.
- Submit baseline measurement data for 25 patient visits.
Register and attend a Coaching Call with expert faculty to identify performance gaps and develop a Quality Improvement plan. Coaching calls will be scheduled every 1-2 months.
There are a limited number of spaces for each call so email ACPQI@acponline.org to reserve your spot early!
- Use the program website to identify performance gaps, link to educational resources and interventions, and develop and implement a QI plan.
- Continue uploading patient data to track progress, with at least one additional upload of data for 25 patients required.
- Upon completion, apply for ABIM Practice Assessment points and CME credit.
- Identify barriers to and practice gaps in cardiovascular disease
- Help physicians analyze their practice patterns
- Increase awareness of standards of care for cardiovascular disease
- Teach team-based QI models for improving quality of care
- Help practices achieve quantifiable improvement in cardiovascular care
CME and MOC Credit
Physician participants that complete this program will qualify for up to 28 CME credits and 20 ABIM MOC points for Practice Assessment.
The American College of Physicians is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Physicians designates this PI CME activity for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American College of Physicians designates this live activity, the coaching call, for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American College of Physicians designates this enduring material, on-line educational materials, for a maximum of 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity is approved through the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Approved Quality Improvement (AQI) Pathway and is eligible for 20 points toward the Self-Evaluation of Practice Assessment requirement of Maintenance of Certification (MOC).
Multimedia Learning Resources
Earn CME Credits
Earn CME Credits through attending live meetings, working online, or watching course recordings on your own schedule.
MKSAP 16 Holiday Special: Save 10%
Use MKSAP 16® to earn MOC points, prepare for ABIM exams and assess your clinical knowledge. For a limited time save 10% when you use priority code MKPROMO! Order now.
Maintenance of Certification:
What if I Still Don't Know Where to Start?
Because the rules are complex and may apply differently depending on when you last certified, ACP has developed a MOC Navigator. This FREE tool can help you understand the impact of MOC, review requirements, guide you in selecting ways to meet the requirements, show you how to enroll, and more. Start navigating now.