Helping in our own way through advocacy
You don't need to travel to Capitol Hill to be an advocate. Physician advocacy takes many forms—whether it's pushing for healthier food in the hospital cafeteria, openly discussing mental health challenges, or tweeting about an issue that matters to you. ACP Well-being Champions have the power to enact real systems-level change locally and globally.
This month, we invite you to:
- Add your activities to the the Well-being Activities Tracker to document your progress, share best practices, and earn CME;
- View new ACP well-being webinars;
- Listen to The Curbsiders podcast episode “Advocacy and Hot Topics in Healthcare Policy” to learn how you can get involved with advocacy work through ACP;
- Read how our Well-being Champions Drs. Eileen Barrett and Chwen-Yuen Angie Chen are speaking out against stigmatizing mental health and substance use disorders;
- Research state medical licensing processes and see how mental health–friendly your state is;
- Learn about ACP's feedback on two CMS requests for information regarding how to improve and streamline the CMS Center for Program Integrity in our Patients Before Paperwork corner;
- Sign-up for 1:1 coaching with Kerri Palamara, MD, FACP;
- Share advocacy successes and ask questions in your private forum.
We love hearing from you! Reach out to us at email@example.com
Have a safe and happy holiday season,
Clare Sipler, Crissy Walter, and your ACP Well-being Team
IM Thriving is copyrighted ©2019 by the American College of Physicians.