Physician Payment Sunshine Rule
The following information will help you and your staff understand the Physician Payment Sunshine Rule (also referred to as the National Physician Payment Transparency Program), which requires transparency in defined payment relationships with physicians and teaching hospitals by applicable manufacturers and group purchasing organizations.
- CMS Extends Deadline for Open Payment Physician Preview and Dispute Period
- Open Payments review and dispute process will run from July 14 to August 27, 2014
- Instructions for Physicians on How to Register to Review Payment Information Reported by Industry
- The National Physician Payment Transparency Program (Sunshine Rule): What You Need to Know
- AMA Toolkit for Physician Financial Transparency Reports (Sunshine Act)
- ACP's Brief Summary of the Physician Payment Sunshine Rule
- CMS Physician Payment Sunshine Final Rule
- CMS Physician Payment Sunshine Final Rule Fact Sheet for Physicians
- CMS' Physician Payment Sunshine Rule - Open Payments web site
- Are You Ready for the National Physician Payment Transparency Program?
(A CME activity supported by the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services and delivered by Medscape. A free Medscape registration is required.)
- Mobile App to Track Transfers of Value From Industry
- Medicare Learning Network Article on Open Payments
Learn more about ethical issues in physician relationships with industry.
Multimedia Learning Resources
More Related Links:
- ACP Internist Practice Resources
- Where We Stand: Issues of Advocacy
- Council of Early Career Physicians
ACP's Special Interest Groups
Connect with other ACP members through these members-only groups that promote community and networking through lively online discussions. Current groups include ACOs/New Practice Models, Emerging Technology, and more.
Reviews of the World's Top Medical Journals - FREE to ACP Members!
|ACP JournalWiseSM is mobile optimized with optional email alerts! Get access to reviews from over 120 of the world's top medical journals alerting you to the highest quality, most clinically relevant new articles based on your preferred areas of specialty. ACP Members register your FREE account now!|
New CME Option: Internal Medicine 2014 Recordings
New CME Package
|Includes 75 of the most popular sessions in internal medicine and the subspecialties. Stream the sessions, answer brief quizzes and earn CME credit. See details.|