Physician Payment Sunshine Rule
The following information will help you and your staff understand the Physician Payment Sunshine Rule (also referred to as the National Physician Payment Transparency Program), which requires transparency in defined payment relationships with physicians and teaching hospitals by applicable manufacturers and group purchasing organizations.
Open Payments system is scheduled to open for the review and dispute process on April 6, 2015. Physicians will have 45 days to review their 2014 payment data before it becomes public on June 30, 2015. The review process is voluntary, but to participate in the process and review and correct the data, physicians will need to register in both the CMS Enterprise Identity Management System (EIDM) and the Open Payments system.
- CMS Open Payments System Now Available
- Open Payments System General Resources
- Instructions for Physicians on How to Register to Review Payment Information Reported by Industry
- The National Physician Payment Transparency Program (Sunshine Rule): What You Need to Know
- AMA Toolkit for Physician Financial Transparency Reports (Sunshine Act)
- ACP's Brief Summary of the Physician Payment Sunshine Rule
- CMS Physician Payment Sunshine Final Rule
- CMS Physician Payment Sunshine Final Rule Fact Sheet for Physicians
- CMS' Physician Payment Sunshine Rule - Open Payments web site
- Are You Ready for the National Physician Payment Transparency Program?
(A CME activity supported by the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services and delivered by Medscape. A free Medscape registration is required.)
- Mobile App to Track Transfers of Value From Industry
- Medicare Learning Network Article on Open Payments
Learn more about ethical issues in physician relationships with industry.
Multimedia Learning Resources
More Related Links:
- ACP Internist Practice Resources
- Where We Stand: Issues of Advocacy
- Council of Early Career Physicians
ACP's Special Interest Groups
Connect with other ACP members through these members-only groups that promote community and networking through lively online discussions. Current groups include ACOs/New Practice Models, Emerging Technology, and more.
What will you learn from your Annals Virtual Patient?
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique patient care simulator that mirrors real patient care decisions and consequences. CME Credit and MOC Points are available. Start off with a FREE sample case. Start your journey now.
Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 Live Simulcast!
Unable to attend the meeting this year? On Saturday, May 2, seven sessions will be streamed live from the meeting. Register for the simulcast and earn CME credit after watching each session. Watch it live or download for later viewing.