Nurturing Connections Through ACP Resources
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Together, we can support each other by promoting mental and emotional well-being in our community. In this issue of I.M. Thriving, we included multimedia resources to help you, our Well-being Champions, nurture connections and normalize mental health help-seeking in medicine.
Community plays a crucial role in supporting mental health. Dr. Vivek Murthy, 21st Surgeon General of the United States, wrote about the importance of human connection in his book, Together – The Healing Power of Human Connection in a Sometimes Lonely World. Let's work together to build connections and create a community that prioritizes mental health and well-being.
Check out the links below for resources you can use for yourself and others:
- Visit the I.M. Emotional Support Hub and Video Series to learn more about individual and organizational strategies and resources to protect clinicians' emotional health.
- Watch and revisit strategies to cultivate personal and professional connections.
- Learn and share actionable well-being skills that foster connections, some in just 10 to 15 minutes. Find out how chapters can partner with Well-being Champions (WBCs).
- Implement the Power of Connectivity Initiative by Kerri Palamara, MD, MACP. Learn from the experiences of your fellow WBCs from the trenches.
- Read the latest news about the loneliness epidemic and different ways to cultivate nurturing environments.
- Send nominations for the ACP Award for Outstanding Contributions to Improving Well-being and Professional Fulfillment in Internal Medicine. Learn more about the award.
- Protect your financial future and get paid what you deserve with ACP's financial well-being tools and resources.
- Use ACP's Design Your Own Well-being Program resource to create a program tailored to any organization's needs and budget.
- Review Patients Before Paperwork and advocacy updates that affect physician well-being and professional fulfillment.
- Explore WBC coaching resources, including coaching sign-ups, the WBC contact list, a well-being interventions library, and the WBC journey map.
Your ACP Well-being Team
Please log your Well-being Champion activities in your new and improved Well-being Champion Activities Tracker!