Education Program for Prescribing Opioids Now Available
On June 15, 2013, ACP and its curriculum partner Pri-Med launched an online training program to educate clinicians about safety and efficacy when prescribing opioids. ACP's curriculum provides a comprehensive educational program for primary care clinicians to safely and effectively manage patients with chronic pain. The program is available through the ACP and Pri-Med websites.
Clinicians can log on to Pri-Med.com to access the following Pain Management Clinical Resource Center course sessions for online CME. Upon completion of the six half-hour webcasts, clinicians will receive a Safe Opioid Prescribing Certificate.
This activity is free. The participant will need to sign up for a free Pri-Med account.
- Evaluation is Essential for Safe and Effective Pain Management Using ER/LA Opioids
- Best Practices for How to Start Therapy with ER/LA Opioids, How to Stop, and What to Do in Between
- Evidence-Based Tools for Screening for Patients at Risk and Monitoring for Adherence to Prescribed ER/LA Opioids
- Talk to Me: Proven Methods to Counsel You Patients on ER/LA Opioids and Achieve Positive Outcomes
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About ER/LA-Opioids as a Drug Class
- Getting the Most Clinical Insights from Specific ER/LA Product Information Sources
This educational activity is supported by an independent educational grant from the ER/LA Opioid Analgesic REMS Program Companies. Please see www.er-la-opioidREMS.com for a listing of the member companies. This activity is intended to be fully compliant with the ER/LA Opioid Analgesic REMS education requirements issued by the US Food & Drug Administration.
Additional Opioid Education CME Offered by ACP
- Two video modules that are part of an ACP series entitled “Clinical Shorts” (subscribers only)
- Managing Non-Cancer Pain; Assessing for Opioid Misuse Risk
- Managing Non-Cancer Pain: Monitoring for Opioid Misuse
- Module in ACP’s new clinical decision support tool, Smart Medicine on Opioid Abuse (login required)
- Lectures and/or workshops at ACP’s Annual Meeting (specific sessions vary from year to year; four different topics will be offered at the 2014 meeting)
- Section on Substance Abuse in MKSAP 16 (subscribers only)
ACP MembersAccess your CME transcript
Superior MOC Solutions from ACP
Meet your requirements with our approved activities. See details.
Making the Most of Your ICD-10 Transition
To help you and your practice make a smooth and successful transition to ICD-10 coding, ACP and ICD-10 content developers have created multiple resources available at discounted rates for ACP members.