Tseganesh Selameab, MD, FACP
Dr. Selameab serves as the official representative of the College for the Minnesota Chapter, providing a link between members at the local level and leadership at the national level. To learn more about Dr. Selameab, read her bio.
The mission of the Minnesota Chapter of the American College of Physicians is to foster excellence, education and professionalism among all internists in our community and to work together to shape the future of health care in Minnesota.
The vision of the Minnesota Chapter of the American College of Physicians is to be Minnesota's recognized leader for patient care, advocacy, education and to enhance career choice, satisfaction, and collaboration for specialists and sub-specialists in internal medicine.
Click here to make a tax deductible investment in future Minnesota internists through programs and scholarships for medical students and Internal Medicine residents.
2023 Chapter Awardees
The statewide MN-ACP Awards Committee selected the following internal medicine physicians to receive 2023 awards. See a complete description of each award winner later in this newsletter. You can view the awards presentations and acceptance remarks from the amazing award recipients.
- Anne Pereira, MD, MPH, FACP of Hennepin Healthcare received the 2023 Minnesota Laureate Award
- Anjali Bhagra, MBBS, FACP, of the Mayo Clinic, received the 2023 Fostering Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award
- Elie Gertner, MD, FACP, of Regions Hospital, received the 2023 Distinguished Teacher/Mentor Award
- Heather Thompson Buum, MD, FACP, of the University of Minnesota, received the 2023 Advancing Woman in Internal Medicine Award
- Laalitha Surapaneni, MD, MPH, of the University of Minnesota, received the 2023 Early Career Physician Award
- Robert “Cole” Pueringer, MD, of Essentia Health, received the 2023 Community Based Clinical and Teaching Award Robert “Cole” Pueringer, MD
- Eric McFarling, MD, of Centracare Health System, received the 2023 Hospitalist Award
- Lewis Roberts, MBChB, PhD, FACP of Mayo Clinic received the 2023 Community Volunteer Award for his work with Africa Partners Medical, that provides medical care to Africa. MNACP will make a donation of $1000 in his name to the Africa Partners Medical
Chapter Excellence Award Gold Winner
We are pleased to announce that our chapter is in receipt of the Gold Level of the 2023 Chapter Excellence Award! The award recognizes truly extraordinary chapters that surpass excellence in chapter management. We are in the company of 54 other outstanding chapters. In order to achieve the Gold Level of the Chapter Excellence Award, chapters must meet nineteen Bronze criteria, seventeen Silver criteria and multiple Gold level activities. Criteria include such activities as having a legislative action plan or agenda, holding a volunteerism/community service activity, holding multiple stand-alone meetings, having revenue sources outside of dues and meeting registration fees, implementing a strategic plan, implementing a formal recruitment and retention plan and measuring outcomes, conducting various activities for Medical Students, Residents and Early Career Physicians.
We would like to extend a special thanks to those chapter members who assisted us in all of these endeavors! For their hard work and dedication, we received this award.