Working toward your professional goals is important, but your own well-being is paramount.
These tools are tailored to the unique challenges medical students face and help you foster your own well-being and that of your peers.
If you or someone you know is in crisis, help is available 24/7. Text 741741, or call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (988 or 1-800-273-8255) or Disaster Distress Hotline (1-800-985-5990).
Visit the I.M. Emotional Support Hub for peer support, confidential counseling, and resources to protect your well-being.
- A Beginner's Guide to Staying Sane in Medical School
- Eight Ways To Develop Your Resilience
- 10 Tips on How to Be Happy in Medical School
- Ending Unhealthy Competition: Holding Space and Encouraging Your Peers by Gabriela Tamara Suggs, American Medical Women’s Association
Podcasts and Episodes
- The DEI Shift
- Finding Joy
- NPR Life Kit: 5 Steps To Shake The Feeling That You're An Impostor
- Unlocking Us with Brené Brown—Dr. Vivek Murthy and Brené on Loneliness and Connection
- Unlocking Us with Brené Brown—Brené, Ashley, and Barrett on Perfectionism, Numbing, Boundaries, Polling, and Authenticity
- Psychiatry & Psychotherapy—How to Rock the USMLE Step 1 (or Any Big Test)
On Demand Webinars
- ACP's Southern California Region III Wellness Wave
- Know Your Colleagues, Know Yourself: Checking in on Mental Health
- Medical Student Well-being: Don’t Forget About Us
- Positive Psychology in Times of Crisis
- Optimizing Well-being, Practice Culture, and Professional Thriving in an Era of Turbulence
- Dear Future Doc Reflection
- Draft Your Personal Mission Statement to Enhance Professional Fulfillment
Find more well-being and professional resources on ACP Online.
- ACP Online Learning Center
- Reflections on a Decade Leading a Medical Student Well-Being Initiative, Stuart Slavin, MD, MEd, Journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges
- Prioritizing Medical Student Downtime: Resources and Recommendations, ACP California Council of Student Members
- National Academy of Medicine Resources
- Well-being and Burnout Tools (including TED Talks)
- Mental Health: Taking Care of Ourselves During Infectious Disease Outbreaks