Abstract Competition Poster Guidelines
Each presenter will be asked to give a 4 minute "presentation overview" of their research or their case, leaving 6 minutes for a question and answer session with the judges.
The poster board surface is approximately 4' high and 8' wide. It has a cork base, with a fabric covering so that either pushpins or Velcro can be used.
- Prepare a panel indicating title and authors for the top of your poster space. The lettering for this section should not be less than 1" high. You are asked to make no major alterations in the text of your abstract.
- Research posters should include a copy of the abstract, typed in a large font, and posted in the upper left-hand corner of the poster board.
- All illustrations should be made beforehand. Bear in mind that your graphics may be viewed or read from distances of about 3' or more. Charts, drawings, and illustrations might well be similar to those you would use in making slides; preferably simple and more heavily drawn. They should not be "arty." Simple use of color can add emphasis effectively.
- Do not mount your poster on heavy board because these may be difficult to keep in position on the poster boards.
- Hand-lettered material should contain appropriately heavy lettering, at least 3/8" high. Shade block letters where possible. Typed material should be prepared in a large, legible font.
- Keep illustrative material simple.
Join the Abstract Review Board
Volunteer to become an integral part of our abstract competition.
Connect with your peers
Join this ACP members-only virtual community to connect with other residents and fellows.
Resident/Fellow Member Benefits: ACP offers Resident/Fellow Membership for internal medicine residents and subspecialty fellows-in-training.
Volunteer through ACP
ACP recognizes the importance of volunteerism and community service at both the national and local levels as part of its commitment to universal access to health care. View current volunteer opportunities and network with other ACP member volunteers today.
Internal Medicine 2014 Advance Program Now Online
Details about Internal Medicine 2014's robust offerings are now available on our Website! Use the online Schedule Planner to build and save your own schedule.
New from ACP: Free High Value Care Cases
Free MOC and CME Credit with easy online submission
HVC Cases provide:
Get started now with your ACP user name and password!