- Feature: ACP Concludes Year-Long Centennial Celebration
- Medical Student Perspective: Submit to ACP IMpact
- My Kind of Medicine: Video Profiles
- Analyzing Annals: Beyond the Guidelines: Preexposure Prophylaxis for HIV Prevention
- Advocacy Update: ACP takes part in "Moving from Crisis to Action: A Public Health Approach to Reducing Gun Violence"
- Winning Abstracts: Understanding the Stories of "Super-Utilizer" Patients through Hotspotting on Tobacco Road: An Interprofessional Narrative-Based Approach to Reduce Rehospitalizations and Provide High Value Cost Conscious Care
- Subspecialty Careers: Pulmonary Disease
- In the Clinic: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- IM Essentials
Feature: ACP Concludes Year-Long Centennial Celebration
As 2015 comes to a close, the College is marking the conclusion of its Centennial year with a new video.More
Medical Student Perspective: Submit to ACP IMpact
Share your experience as a medical student. Submit an essay to IMpact.More
My Kind of Medicine: Video Profiles
Did you know that My Kind of Medicine also has video profiles on the real lives of practicing internists?More
Analyzing Annals: Beyond the Guidelines: Preexposure Prophylaxis for HIV Prevention
Preexposure prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV prevention is recommended for those at high risk for HIV infection. What happens when the care of a patient for whom the application of current clinical care recommendations is not clear-cut?More
Advocacy Update: ACP takes part in "Moving from Crisis to Action: A Public Health Approach to Reducing Gun Violence"
ACP President Wayne Riley, MD, MACP, represented ACP in Charleston, SC, at commemoration of the six month anniversary of the shootings at the Emanuel A.M.E. Church. His remarks focused on the recommendations from the College and the American Bar Association published in a policy paper on fire-arm related death and injury.More
Winning Abstracts from the 2015 Medical Student Abstract Competition: Understanding the Stories of "Super-Utilizer" Patients through Hotspotting on Tobacco Road: An Interprofessional Narrative-Based Approach to Reduce Rehospitalizations and Provide High Value Cost Conscious Care
According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the top 1% of patients with multiple rehospitalizations-the "super-utilizers" of the healthcare system-account for 20% of the total $2.9 trillion spent annually on U.S. healthcare costs.More
Subspecialty Careers: Pulmonary Disease
From the word pulmo, Latin for "lung." Pulmonary medicine is the diagnosis and management of disorders of the lungs, upper airways, thoracic cavity, and chest wall.More
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a treatable, preventable, and partially reversible disease characterized by progressive airflow obstruction documented by spirometry; it is associated with an abnormal inflammatory response of the lungs to noxious particles or gases (1-4).
Determine the most appropriate diagnostic study:
IMpact welcomes submissions from its readers. If you are an ACP Medical Student Member and have comments about IMpact, would like to submit an article for the newsletter, or if you have questions about joining ACP, send them via e-mail to email@example.com.
Looking to submit an article? Check out:
- Guidelines for submitting to IMpact
IMpact is copyrighted ©2016 by the American College of Physicians.