Fostering innovation is one of the top strategic priorities for ACP, and as part of that effort we are partnering with Health2047 to inspire internal medicine physicians interested in becoming or working with entrepreneurs. Health2047 is an innovation firm powered by the American Medical Association and driven by an urgency to change healthcare for the better. Health2047 experts find, form and scale the companies transforming healthcare at the system level.
This initiative will begin with two free webinars, on November 9 and in early February 2023. In addition, related programming will be offered at the Internal Medicine Meeting 2023. ACP members with the following interests are invited to participate:
- Start your own business: How do you take your innovation idea from concept to reality? What does the “startup road” look like and where can you turn for help?
- Learn about leading-edge innovators addressing important challenges in medicine
- Share your expertise with startups
Entrepreneur Spotlight: Fostering Diversity in Clinical Trials
Hear from SiteBridge Research, a startup established to facilitate clinical trials among a more heterogeneous study population with a goal of producing results that are more generalizable to clinical practice. Many physicians are interested in offering their patients clinical research as a care option, yet do not know where to begin. SiteBridge prepares you with a turn-key solution.
- Entrepreneurship Journey: For physicians considering how to start a new company, the founders of SiteBridge will explain how they got started building their business, what challenges they have faced, and where they turned for help and resources.
- Pitch Presentation and Feedback: Listen to the startup “pitch” typically presented to prospective clients and funders, and gain an understanding of the questions entrepreneurs need to address. The SiteBridge founders will describe their offering and target market, and pose questions to the audience to solicit feedback.
- Audience Q&A: Submit questions in advance or during the event.
- Chris Komelasky, MBA, CEO and Co-Founder, SiteBridge Research
- Manesh Patel, MD, Co-Founder and Board Member, SiteBridge Research; Division Chief of Cardiology, Duke University Health System
- Cheryl Rucker-Whitaker MD, MPH, FACP, CEO at Complete Care Management Partners LLC and physician-entrepreneur