Analyzing Annals: Adult Vaccine Delivery & Recommended Immunization Schedule
Adults are at risk for vaccine-preventable disease, but vaccination rates in adults remain low. This survey of U.S. general internists and family physicians assessed barriers to stocking and administering vaccines, as well as physicians’ practices in assessing patients’ vaccination status.
The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices presents the recommended immunization schedule for adults aged 19 years or older for 2014.
Review these two articles:
- U.S. Physicians’ Perspective of Adult Vaccine Delivery
- Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults Aged 19 Years or Older: United States, 2014
Use this study and this report to consider the following:
- When and how do you evaluate your patients’ vaccination status?
- Do you know the current vaccination schedules?
- List the reasons patients refuse vaccination. How should you respond? What do you need to know to provide accurate information and advice to your patients?
- What are the contraindications to certain vaccinations?
- Do you know how much it costs to maintain stocks of vaccines in outpatient practices? Have you ever considered how practices pay for vaccinations?
Students: Join ACP for Free
Benefits of Membership for Students: ACP's free Medical Student Membership includes benefits designed especially to meet students' needs.
Join Now: Sign-up today and begin enjoying the benefits of ACP Medical Student Membership.
Find a Residency
Search ACP's Internal Medicine Residency Database for information on all internal medicine residency programs in the U.S. and Canada. (ACP Members only)
What will you learn from your Annals Virtual Patient?
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique patient care simulator that mirrors real patient care decisions and consequences. CME Credit and MOC Points are available. Start off with a FREE sample case. Start your journey now.
Products and Resources for Patients
ACP has developed easy- to-use materials designed to help educate your patients on self-management of a wide variety of common health conditions. Order yours today!