Abstract Competition Poster Guidelines
Each presenter will be asked to give a 4 minute "presentation overview" of their research or their case, leaving 6 minutes for a question and answer session with the judges.
The poster board surface is approximately 4' high and 8' wide. It has a cork base, with a fabric covering so that either pushpins or Velcro can be used.
- Prepare a panel indicating title and authors for the top of your poster space. The lettering for this section should not be less than 1" high. You are asked to make no major alterations in the text of your abstract.
- Research posters should include a copy of the abstract, typed in a large font, and posted in the upper left-hand corner of the poster board.
- All illustrations should be made beforehand. Bear in mind that your graphics may be viewed or read from distances of about 3' or more. Charts, drawings, and illustrations might well be similar to those you would use in making slides; preferably simple and more heavily drawn. They should not be "arty." Simple use of color can add emphasis effectively.
- Do not mount your poster on heavy board because these may be difficult to keep in position on the poster boards.
- Hand-lettered material should contain appropriately heavy lettering, at least 3/8" high. Shade block letters where possible. Typed material should be prepared in a large, legible font.
- Keep illustrative material simple.
IM Board Review Courses: Review medical content and improve test-taking skills with ACP's expert clinician educators as you prepare for the ABIM certification exam.
MKSAP: ACP's comprehensive Medical Knowledge Self-Assessment Program provides residents and practicing physicians with an up-to-date study resource for ABIM certification and recertification.
MKSAP for Students: Supplement your learning and reinforce key concepts with the fully revised and updated MKSAP for Students 5!
IM Essentials for Students: The fully revised and updated Internal Medicine Essentials for Students is the authoritative educational resource to augment learning during the third-year internal medicine clerkship.
Virtual Dx(SM): An online-only program that uses images and studies to challenge your diagnostic ability in a way that no textbook can.
New Leadership Webinars
The ACP Leadership Academy is offering FREE webinars covering the core tenets of leadership, leadership in hospital medicine, finance, and more.
Join ACP Today!
ACP membership connects you with like-minded colleagues and provides access to a variety of clinical resources, practice tools, and ways to earn MOC and CME.