Education Program for Prescribing Opioids Now Available
On June 15, 2013, ACP and its curriculum partner Pri-Med launched an online training program to educate clinicians about safety and efficacy when prescribing opioids. ACP's curriculum provides a comprehensive educational program for primary care clinicians to safely and effectively manage patients with chronic pain. The program is available through the ACP and Pri-Med websites.
Clinicians can log on to Pri-Med.com to access the following Pain Management Clinical Resource Center course sessions for online CME. Upon completion of the six half-hour webcasts, clinicians will receive a Safe Opioid Prescribing Certificate.
This activity is free. The participant will need to sign up for a free Pri-Med account.
- Evaluation is Essential for Safe and Effective Pain Management Using ER/LA Opioids
- Best Practices for How to Start Therapy with ER/LA Opioids, How to Stop, and What to Do in Between
- Evidence-Based Tools for Screening for Patients at Risk and Monitoring for Adherence to Prescribed ER/LA Opioids
- Talk to Me: Proven Methods to Counsel You Patients on ER/LA Opioids and Achieve Positive Outcomes
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About ER/LA-Opioids as a Drug Class
- Getting the Most Clinical Insights from Specific ER/LA Product Information Sources
This educational activity is supported by an independent educational grant from the ER/LA Opioid Analgesic REMS Program Companies. Please see www.er-la-opioidREMS.com for a listing of the member companies. This activity is intended to be fully compliant with the ER/LA Opioid Analgesic REMS education requirements issued by the US Food & Drug Administration.
Additional Opioid Education CME Offered by ACP
- Two video modules that are part of an ACP series entitled “Clinical Shorts” (subscribers only)
- Managing Non-Cancer Pain; Assessing for Opioid Misuse Risk
- Managing Non-Cancer Pain: Monitoring for Opioid Misuse
- Module in ACP’s new clinical decision support tool, Smart Medicine on Opioid Abuse (login required)
- Lectures and/or workshops at ACP’s Annual Meeting (specific sessions vary from year to year; four different topics will be offered at the 2014 meeting)
- Section on Substance Abuse in MKSAP 16 (subscribers only)
ACP MembersAccess your CME transcript
What will you learn from your Annals Virtual Patient?
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique patient care simulator that mirrors real patient care decisions and consequences. CME Credit and MOC Points are available. Start off with a FREE sample case. Start your journey now.
Products and Resources for Patients
ACP has developed easy- to-use materials designed to help educate your patients on self-management of a wide variety of common health conditions. Order yours today!