Internal Medicine Meeting 2023: Mastering Medicine Together set for April 27-29
PHILADELPHIA, April 18, 2023 -- Internal medicine physicians, subspecialists, medical students, and allied health professionals from around the world will gather – in person and virtually – for the American College of Physicians’ (ACP) Internal Medicine Meeting 2023: Mastering Medicine Together from Thursday, April 27, through Saturday, April 29 at the San Diego Convention Center.
ACP is the largest medical specialty organization in the United States with members in more than 145 countries worldwide. ACP membership includes 160,000 internal medicine physicians, related subspecialists, and medical students. Internal medicine physicians are specialists who apply scientific knowledge and clinical expertise to the diagnosis, treatment, and compassionate care of adults across the spectrum from health to complex illness.
Internal Medicine Meeting 2023 will feature more than 200 sessions that are offered onsite, featuring topics ranging from telehealth, health and the homeless, health policy issues and updates on COVID-19. All virtual attendees have livestream access to more than 100 hours of sessions during the event and can continue learning after the event with extended access to more than 170 hours of session recordings.
Internal Medicine Meeting 2023: Mastering Medicine Together features sessions covering a broad array of clinical and practice management topics. Highlights of the meeting include:
- The Clinical Skills Center which features a collection of activities offering physicians hands-on learning and simulation models focusing on office-based procedures, examination skills, and assessment and interpretation skills;
- Access to some of the most popular learning formats including Clinical Pearls, Clinical Workshops, Clinical Triad, Meet the Professor, and Multiple Small Feedings of the Mind. These formats offer the opportunity for faculty to present cases, small group workshops, fast-paced sessions, recent advances and new developments;
- An invitation to the Annual Business Meeting and Town Hall on Saturday, April 29 from 12:45 to 1:45 p.m., which welcomes incoming Officers, new Regents, and first-year Governors and provides an opportunity to hear ACP’s Treasurer and EVP/CEO report on the College’s current status and priorities;
- An opportunity to view Doctor's Dilemma. Up to 50 teams of residents from around the world compete in a fast-paced, Jeopardy-style medical knowledge competition. The “Final Four” teams face off in the championship round on Saturday, April 29. The winning team takes home the Osler Cup -- ACP’s coveted trophy;
- Hearing from keynote speaker Vineet Arora, MD, MACP, who will be featured at the meeting’s Opening Ceremony on Thursday, April 27 at 9:15 a.m. Dr. Arora, Herbert T. Abelson Professor of Medicine and Dean for Medical Education at The University of Chicago Medicine, Pritzker School of Medicine, will speak on “Lead from Where You Stand: How to Advocate for Your Patients, Your Profession, and Yourself;”
- Access to ACP’s annual Convocation ceremony on Thursday, April 27 at 6 p.m., where ACP will honor outstanding contributions to medicine. ACP President Ryan D. Mire, MD, MACP, presides over the ceremony which recognizes and applauds its new Fellows and the recipients of various honors including those elected to Mastership and national awards; and
- The national abstract competitions for Medical Students, Resident/Fellows, and Early Career Physicians. Finalists will compete onsite in five categories: Clinical Vignette, Basic Research, Clinical Research, Quality Improvement / Patient Safety, and High Value Care.
At the conclusion of the annual meeting, Omar T. Atiq, MD, FACP, becomes President of ACP and Eileen Barrett, MD, MPH, MACP, SFHM, becomes Chair of ACP’s Board of Regents. Both terms are for one year.
Additional Resources for Reporters
- Press Registration (press attendance is subject to ACP's media policy).
- What is a Doctor of Internal Medicine?
- ACP Fact Sheet
- Follow ACP on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- The hashtag for Internal Medicine Meeting 2023: Mastering Medicine Together is #IM2023
# # #
Andrew Hachadorian, email@example.com or 215-351-2514