Physicians Quality Reporting System (PQRS)
Upcoming PQRS Deadlines
|PQRS Data Collection Period Begins||January 1, 2014||
The 12-month PQRS data collection period begins for 2014 PQRS. Physicians must begin PQRS reporting to avoid the (-) 2.0% penalty in 2016 to their Medicare reimbursements.
|Group Registration Period Begins||April 1, 2014||
During this time group practices can self-nominate and select the Group Practice Reporting Option (GPRO) web interface, registry reporting mechanism, or the CMS-calculated administrative claims reporting method for the 2014 reporting period.
|Data Collection Period Begins||July 1, 2014||
The six-month 2014 PQRS data collection period for .5% bonus is from July 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. The six-month period applies ONLY to individual eligible professionals reporting measures groups via qualified registry. Physicians must begin reporting 2014 PQRS to avoid the (-) 2.0% penalty in 2016 to their Medicare reimbursements.
Highlighted Resources: PQRS Podcasts
To save the MP3s, right click on the link and select "Save Link As" (Firefox and Chrome browsers) or "Save Target As" in Internet Explorer.
This 40-minute webinar sponsored by the CMSS provides an overview of PQRS options and demonstrates the PQRSwizard registry.
Use PQRSwizard to Avoid Costly Penalties
ACP offers the PQRSwizard a fast, convenient, and cost-effective online tool to help collect and report quality measure data for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) PQRS incentive payment program. Benefits of the PQRSwizard:
- Maximize your PQRS Incentive
- Automatic Data Validation
- Minimize Data Entry Time - Requires as few as 30 patient records
- Eliminate Claims and Coding
View a brief "tour" of PQRSwizard.
PQRS 2014 General Information
- Getting Started with 2014 PQRS
- 2014 Getting Started with Measures Group
- 2014 PQRS Measures List
- 2014 PQRS Implementation Guide including EHR, Qualified Registry, Qualified Clinical Data Registry, GPRO Web-Interface, Certified Survey-Vendor, and Claims
- ABIM Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Incentive Bonus
- PQRS: What's new for 2014
- CMS' PQRS 2014-2016 Timeline
- Information on avoiding the 2016 Payment Adjustment (based on 2014 performance year)
- 2014 list of Qualified Clinical Data Registries
Multimedia Learning Resources
Earn CME Credits
Earn CME Credits through attending live meetings, working online, or watching course recordings on your own schedule.
ACP Clinical Shorts
Expert Education on Your Schedule
Short videos deliver highly focused answers to challenging clinical situations seen in practice and are a terrific way to earn CME credit on-the-go. See more.
New: Free Modules from ACP Practice Advisor!
Keep your practice moving in the right direction. ACP Practice Advisor is offering four modules that you and your staff can try for free. Get to know the premier online practice management tool at no risk. Explore the modules.