Resident Career Counseling
Training, Certification, and Licensing
Practice and Career Options
- Owning a Practice
- Partner Buy-Ins
- Buying a Practice
- Types of Private Practices
- What Is a Hospitalist?
- Hospital Sponsored Practices
- Managed Care Practice and its Variations
- Part-time Employment
- Locum Tenens
- A Look at Five Career Options in Internal Medicine
- Government Employment Opportunities
- Clinician-Teacher Careers
Searching for the Right Career Opportunity
The Contract, Compensation, and Malpractice Insurance
- Physician Employment Contracts
- Physician Compensation Methods
- Worksheet to Help You Assess Your Compensation and Benefits
- Assessing the Contract
- Restrictive Covenants
- Malpractice Insurance
- Understanding Capitation
- Assessing Managed Care Reimbursement Adequacy
- Assessing the Financial Solvency of a Managed Care Organization
- Pay-for-performance programs
- Medicare Benefits
- Medicare Financing and Payments
- Medicare Claims Processing
- A Last Look at the Contract
Setting Up the Practice
Real Lives of Practicing Internists
Read biographies of practicing ACP members that first appeared in IMPact, the ACP monthly newsletter for medical students. These inspiring physicians share what motivated them to become physicians as well as why they chose their particular type of practice.
ACP Career Connection's
Job Search Advantage
Search for jobs that suit your internal medicine and/or specialty career path. Register as a Job Seeker for additional benefits.
- Build, edit and store your Job Seeker Profile
- Select Early Job Notifier to have job alerts e-mailed to you
Associate Member Benefits: ACP offers Associate membership for internal medicine residents and subspecialty fellows-in-training.
Join ACP: Take advantage of members only benefits by becoming an Associate member of ACP today.
Connect with your peers
Join this ACP members-only virtual community to connect with other residents and fellows.
Find a Mentor
Find an experienced physician who can answer your questions about internal medicine.
Volunteer through ACP
ACP recognizes the importance of volunteerism and community service at both the national and local levels as part of its commitment to universal access to health care. View current volunteer opportunities and network with other ACP member volunteers today.
Earn MOC Points for Medical Knowledge
ACP offers its members many ways to earn ABIM MOC points for Medical Knowledge and to make the process easier. See details.
Ceramic Bistro-Style ACP Mug
Enjoy your morning brew and show your ACP spirit with our 15-ounce dishwasher- and microwave-safe mug. Enjoy free shipping within the continental U.S.