Resident Career Counseling
Training, Certification, and Licensing
Practice and Career Options
- Owning a Practice
- Partner Buy-Ins
- Buying a Practice
- Types of Private Practices
- What Is a Hospitalist?
- Hospital Sponsored Practices
- Managed Care Practice and its Variations
- Part-time Employment
- Locum Tenens
- A Look at Five Career Options in Internal Medicine
- Government Employment Opportunities
- Clinician-Teacher Careers
Searching for the Right Career Opportunity
The Contract, Compensation, and Malpractice Insurance
- Physician Employment Contracts
- Physician Compensation Methods
- Worksheet to Help You Assess Your Compensation and Benefits
- Assessing the Contract
- Restrictive Covenants
- Malpractice Insurance
- Understanding Capitation
- Assessing Managed Care Reimbursement Adequacy
- Assessing the Financial Solvency of a Managed Care Organization
- Pay-for-performance programs
- Medicare Benefits
- Medicare Financing and Payments
- Medicare Claims Processing
- A Last Look at the Contract
Setting Up the Practice
Real Lives of Practicing Internists
Read biographies of practicing ACP members that first appeared in IMPact, the ACP monthly newsletter for medical students. These inspiring physicians share what motivated them to become physicians as well as why they chose their particular type of practice.
ACP Career Connection's
Job Search Advantage
Search for jobs that suit your internal medicine and/or specialty career path. Register as a Job Seeker for additional benefits.
- Build, edit and store your Job Seeker Profile
- Select Early Job Notifier to have job alerts e-mailed to you
Resident/Fellow Member Benefits: ACP offers Resident/Fellow Membership for internal medicine residents and subspecialty fellows-in-training.
Join ACP: Take advantage of members only benefits by becoming a Resident/Fellow member of ACP today.
Connect with your peers
Join this ACP members-only virtual community to connect with other residents and fellows.
Find a Mentor
Find an experienced physician who can answer your questions about internal medicine.
Volunteer through ACP
ACP recognizes the importance of volunteerism and community service at both the national and local levels as part of its commitment to universal access to health care. View current volunteer opportunities and network with other ACP member volunteers today.
Internal Medicine 2014 Advance Program Now Online
Details about Internal Medicine 2014's robust offerings are now available on our Website! Use the online Schedule Planner to build and save your own schedule.
New from ACP: Free High Value Care Cases
Free MOC and CME Credit with easy online submission
HVC Cases provide:
Get started now with your ACP user name and password!