Resident Career Counseling
Training, Certification, and Licensing
Practice and Career Options
- Owning a Practice
- Partner Buy-Ins
- Buying a Practice
- Types of Private Practices
- What Is a Hospitalist?
- Hospital Sponsored Practices
- Managed Care Practice and its Variations
- Part-time Employment
- Locum Tenens
- A Look at Five Career Options in Internal Medicine
- Government Employment Opportunities
- Clinician-Teacher Careers
Searching for the Right Career Opportunity
The Contract, Compensation, and Malpractice Insurance
- Physician Employment Contracts
- Physician Compensation Methods
- Worksheet to Help You Assess Your Compensation and Benefits
- Assessing the Contract
- Restrictive Covenants
- Malpractice Insurance
- Understanding Capitation
- Assessing Managed Care Reimbursement Adequacy
- Assessing the Financial Solvency of a Managed Care Organization
- Pay-for-performance programs
- Medicare Benefits
- Medicare Financing and Payments
- Medicare Claims Processing
- A Last Look at the Contract
Setting Up the Practice
Real Lives of Practicing Internists
Read biographies of practicing ACP members that first appeared in IMPact, the ACP monthly newsletter for medical students. These inspiring physicians share what motivated them to become physicians as well as why they chose their particular type of practice.
ACP Career Connection's
Job Search Advantage
Search for jobs that suit your internal medicine and/or specialty career path. Register as a Job Seeker for additional benefits.
- Build, edit and store your Job Seeker Profile
- Select Early Job Notifier to have job alerts e-mailed to you
Resident/Fellow Member Benefits: ACP offers Resident/Fellow Membership for internal medicine residents and subspecialty fellows-in-training.
Join ACP: Take advantage of members only benefits by becoming a Resident/Fellow member of ACP today.
Connect with your peers
Join this ACP members-only virtual community to connect with other residents and fellows.
Find a Mentor
Find an experienced physician who can answer your questions about internal medicine.
Volunteer through ACP
ACP recognizes the importance of volunteerism and community service at both the national and local levels as part of its commitment to universal access to health care. View current volunteer opportunities and network with other ACP member volunteers today.
MKSAP 16 Holiday Special: Save 10%
Use MKSAP 16 to earn MOC points, prepare for ABIM exams and assess your clinical knowledge. For a limited time save 10% when you use priority code MK16TOP2!
Will You be Stumped? Try the Consult Guys and Earn Free CME
The Consult Guys have another stumper! How would you handle this case? Watch the video and take the CME quiz.