Maintenance of Certification Exam Preparation Course – Philadelphia, PA
Date: August 7-9, 2014
Course Code: PG1408
Course Schedule: TBD
Course Syllabus: The e-syllabus will be available on July 25, 2014
- Increase and refresh knowledge of core topics in internal medicine and the subspecialties through discussion of common and not-so-common clinical problems.
- Become adept working through difficult test questions logically and successfully.
- Implement changes in clinical practice in accordance with recent advances and clinical guidelines.
Physicians preparing for the ABIM Maintenance of Certification examination, general internists, internal medicine subspecialists, and internal medicine trainees.
The American College of Physicians is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 22 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
All registrations include access to the electronic version of the course syllabus (e-syllabus), which will be available beginning July 25, 2014.
Important Points Regarding the E-Syllabus:
- The e-syllabus is a full-color pdf document in excess of 1400 pages. It is not intended for printing. If printed in black and white it will not be readable.
- You must download the syllabus to your laptop or tablet prior to attending the course, as there will not be internet access in the meeting room.
- You will need to have software that enables you to take notes on a pdf document. Adobe Reader is a source for free versions of note-taking software.
- You should make a back-up copy of the e-syllabus. It will only be available online until August 25, 2014.
- There are a limited number of outlets in the meeting room. Your device should be fully charged before you arrive.
*A print copy of the syllabus can be ordered with your registration for an additional $75.00 (or purchased at the course for $100). If you would like to order a print copy, please check this option on the course page before adding the course to your cart. All print copies will be distributed at the course.
Geno J. Merli, MD, MACP
Professor of Medicine, Jefferson Medical College, Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Howard H. Weitz, MD, MACP, FACC
Professor of Medicine, Senior Vice Chair, Academic Affairs, Director, Division of Cardiology, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
|ACP Member, Resident*,
Research Fellow*, Intern*
* Verification letter required.
Hotel and Travel Information
You are responsible for making your own hotel reservations. A sufficient number of rooms have been set aside for course registrants. In the event that the rooms have been sold out, please contact ACP Customer Service at 800-523-1546, ext. 2600 or 215-351-2600 (M-F, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET) for alternative hotels.
Hyatt at The Bellevue
200 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102
Group Rates: Single or double rooms $154
The hotel reduced-rate cutoff date is July 18, 2014
All rates are per room, per day and do not include applicable taxes and gratuities. Reduced rates are available until July 18, 2014 or until the ACP contracted hotel block sells out. Please identify yourself with this course in order to benefit from the block of rooms set aside for course registrants.
Board Review Course Recordings
Study at home with high-quality audio and video recordings of ACP's board review courses. View a sample of each recording and learn more:
Volunteer through ACP
ACP recognizes the importance of volunteerism and community service at both the national and local levels as part of its commitment to universal access to health care. View current volunteer opportunities and network with other ACP member volunteers today.
MKSAP 16 Holiday Special: Save 10%
Use MKSAP 16 to earn MOC points, prepare for ABIM exams and assess your clinical knowledge. For a limited time save 10% when you use priority code MK16TOP2!
Will You be Stumped? Try the Consult Guys and Earn Free CME
The Consult Guys have another stumper! How would you handle this case? Watch the video and take the CME quiz.