San Antonio Internal Medicine Board Review Course
Date: June 12-15, 2014
Course Code: PG1405
Course Schedule: Download the Sample Course Schedule
Course Syllabus: The e-syllabus will be available on May 30, 2014.
* Verification letter required.
- Review internal medicine in preparation for the ABIM Certification Examination.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in internal medicine knowledge.
- Integrate information from the many subspecialties of internal medicine.
- Implement changes in clinical practice in accordance with recent advances and clinical guidelines.
This course is intended for physicians preparing for the ABIM Certification Examination, general internists, internal medicine subspecialists, and internal medicine trainees. Other Healthcare professionals engaged in primary care will also find the subject matter relevant to their clinical practice.
The American College of Physicians is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 32 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Access to ACP's electronic flash cards will be provided at the conclusion of the course.
All registrations include access to the electronic version of the course syllabus (e-syllabus), which will be available beginning May 30, 2014.
Important Points Regarding the E-Syllabus:
- The e-syllabus is a full-color pdf document in excess of 1100 pages. It is not intended for printing. If printed in black and white it will not be readable.
- You must download the syllabus to your laptop or tablet prior to attending the course, as there will not be internet access in the meeting room.
- You will need to have software that enables you to take notes on a pdf document. Adobe Reader is a source for free versions of note-taking software.
- You should make a back-up copy of the e-syllabus. It will only be available online until June 30, 2014.
- There are a limited number of outlets in the meeting room. Your device should be fully charged before you arrive.
*A print copy of the syllabus can be ordered with your registration for an additional $75.00 (or purchased at the course for $100). If you would like to order a print copy, please check this option on the course page before adding the course to your cart. All print copies will be distributed at the course.
Emily S Wang, MD, ACP Member
Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Medicine
University of Texas Health Science Center
Joshua Hanson, MD, MPH, ACP Member
Assistant Clinical Professor
Department of Medicine/Hospital Medicine
University of Texas Health Science Center
Location - Hotel Information
You are responsible for making your own hotel reservations. A sufficient number of rooms have been set aside for course registrants. In the event that the rooms have been sold out, please contact ACP Customer Service at 800-523-1546, ext. 2600 or 215-351-2600 (M-F, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET) for alternative hotels.
Hilton Palacio del Rio
200 South Alamo Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
Group Rates: Single or double rooms $197
The hotel reduced-rate cutoff date is May 22, 2014
All rates are per room, per day and do not include applicable taxes and gratuities. Reduced rates are available until May 22, 2014 or until the ACP contracted hotel block sells out. Please identify yourself with this course in order to benefit from the block of rooms set aside for course registrants.
Board Review Course Recordings
Study at home with high-quality audio and video recordings of ACP's board review courses. View a sample of each recording and learn more:
Volunteer through ACP
ACP recognizes the importance of volunteerism and community service at both the national and local levels as part of its commitment to universal access to health care. View current volunteer opportunities and network with other ACP member volunteers today.
Internal Medicine 2014 Advance Program Now Online
Details about Internal Medicine 2014's robust offerings are now available on our Website! Use the online Schedule Planner to build and save your own schedule.
New from ACP: Free High Value Care Cases
Free MOC and CME Credit with easy online submission
HVC Cases provide:
Get started now with your ACP user name and password!