ACP Quality Connect: Diabetes Care (formerly Closing the Gap: Diabetes Care) is a team-based QI program aimed at identifying and addressing gaps in diabetes knowledge and practice among physicians and their staff members to ultimately improve the care of patients who suffer from diabetes.
Those who take part will report on performance measures through simple patient chart abstractions that focus on improvement in a variety of clinical areas including: smoking cessation, foot and dilated eye examination, blood pressure measurement, lipid profile screening, and immunization.
Join this program and you will receive:
- Free coaching from ACP QI experts via conference call
- Free access to online tools and resources
- Free access to an easy-to-use online system for data submission and creation of reports
Enrollment in Quality Connect: Diabetes Care is available through December 31, 2014. To enroll, email ACPQI@acponline.org with the subject line “Enroll in Diabetes Care”.
Already enrolled? Login to acpquest.org.
- Enroll in the program.
- Submit baseline measurement data for 25 patient visits. Data can come from either paper charts or an EHR.
- Register and attend a Coaching Call with expert faculty to develop a Quality Improvement plan.
Upcoming Faculty Coaching Call dates include:
July 14, 2014
July 21, 2014
There are a limited number of spaces for each call so email ACPQI@acponline.org to reserve your spot early!
- Use the program website to identify performance gaps, link to educational resources and interventions, and develop and implement a QI plan.
- Continue uploading patient data to track progress, with at least one additional upload of data for 25 patients required.
- Upon completion, apply for 20 ABIM Practice Assessment points and CME credit.
- Identify barriers to and practice gaps in diabetes care
- Help physicians analyze their practice patterns
- Increase awareness of diabetes care recommendations
- Teach team-based systems change and the chronic care model for improving quality of care
- Help practices achieve quantifiable improvement in diabetes care
CME and MOC Credit
Physician participants that complete this program will qualify for up to 28 CME credits and 20 ABIM MOC points for Practice Assessment.
The American College of Physicians is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Physicians designates this PI CME activity for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American College of Physicians designates this live activity, the coaching call, for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American College of Physicians designates this enduring material, on-line educational materials, for a maximum of 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity is approved through the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Approved Quality Improvement (AQI) Pathway and is eligible for 20 points toward the Self-Evaluation of Practice Assessment requirement of Maintenance of Certification (MOC).
Multimedia Learning Resources
Earn CME Credits
Earn CME Credits through attending live meetings, working online, or watching course recordings on your own schedule.
MKSAP 16 Holiday Special: Save 10%
Use MKSAP 16® to earn MOC points, prepare for ABIM exams and assess your clinical knowledge. For a limited time save 10% when you use priority code MKPROMO! Order now.
Maintenance of Certification:
What if I Still Don't Know Where to Start?
Because the rules are complex and may apply differently depending on when you last certified, ACP has developed a MOC Navigator. This FREE tool can help you understand the impact of MOC, review requirements, guide you in selecting ways to meet the requirements, show you how to enroll, and more. Start navigating now.