Closing the Gap: Diabetes Care is a team-based QI program aimed at identifying and addressing gaps in diabetes knowledge and practice among physicians and their staff members to ultimately improve the care of patients who suffer from diabetes care.
Enrollment in Closing the Gap: Diabetes Care is currently closed. ACP QI is continuously striving to provide you with the best QI programs for your practice. Stay tuned for more about upcoming projects and how you can be involved!
- A Web-based educational program that offers the entire practice team the opportunity to implement QI plans through practice measurement of diabetic patients
- Development of tools to assist with implementation of team-based QI plans
- Collection of data completed through the Internet and real-time data reports available following submission
- Identify barriers to and practice gaps in diabetes care
- Help physicians analyze their practice patterns
- Increase awareness diabetes care recommendations
- Teach team-based systems change and the chronic care model for improving quality of care as well as coaching from expert faculty
- Help practices achieve quantifiable improvement in diabetes care
CME and MOC Credit
Physician participants in this program will qualify for offers up to 38 CME credits. Physicians also qualify for ABIM's Part 4 MOC and possible qualification for the NCQA Heart Stroke Recognition Award.
The American College of Physicians is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Physicians designates this PI CME activity for a maximum of 38 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity is approved through the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Approved Quality Improvement (AQI) Pathway and is eligible for 20 points towards the Self-Evaluation of Practice Performance requirement of Maintenance of Certification (MOC).
Multimedia Learning Resources
Earn CME Credits
Earn CME Credits through attending live meetings, working online, or watching course recordings on your own schedule.
Earn MOC Points for Medical Knowledge
ACP offers its members many ways to earn ABIM MOC points for Medical Knowledge and to make the process easier. See our MOC Timeline Page for details.
Ceramic Bistro-Style ACP Mug
Enjoy your morning brew and show your ACP spirit with our 15-ounce dishwasher- and microwave-safe mug. Enjoy free shipping within the continental U.S.