Individual Position Papers
Position papers are statements of ACP policy approved by the College's Board of Regents. Position papers on issues of medical ethics and professionalism developed by the College's Ethics, Professionalism and Human Rights Committee and ACP staff include:
- Prescription Drug Abuse
- Online Medical Professionalism: Patient and Public Relationships
Family Caregivers, Patients and Physicians: Ethical Guidance to Optimize Relationships. An online appendix of resources to help physicians manage relationships with patients and caregivers is also available.
Pay-for-Performance Principles that Promote Patient Centered Care: An Ethics Manifesto. A longer version of the paper may be accessed at Pay-for-Performance Principles That Promote Patient Centered Care: An Ethics Manifesto
- The Doctor Will See You Shortly: The Ethical Significance of Time for the Patient-Physician Relationship. A longer version of the paper may be accessed at The Doctor Will See You Shortly: The Ethical Significance of Time for the Patient-Physician Relationship.
- Ethics in Practice: Managed Care and the Changing Health Care Environment
- Physician-Industry Relations. Part 1: Individual Physicians
- Physician-Industry Relations. Part 2: Organizational Issues
- End-of-Life Care Papers
- ACP provides comments to the Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues regarding privacy protection and human genome sequencing
Letter to DEA expressing the importance of a continued dialogue between the medical community and the DEA on pain management issues and the need for reasonable, clear and final guidance from the DEA. Press Release, DEA's Response to Charles Francis, MD, FACP, President ACP.
For more information contact Lois Snyder Sulmasy at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 215-351-2839.
- Where We Stand: ACP Advocacy Issues
- End-of-Life Care Patient Education Project
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure System
Earn CME Credits
Earn CME Credits through attending live meetings, working online, or watching course recordings on your own schedule.
Superior MOC Solutions from ACP
Meet your requirements with our approved activities. See details.
Making the Most of Your ICD-10 Transition
To help you and your practice make a smooth and successful transition to ICD-10 coding, ACP and ICD-10 content developers have created multiple resources available at discounted rates for ACP members.